1st Trimester
Options

So frustrated over due date!

It took me a month from my BFP to get a due date, my cycles are super irregular. I went in for my first appointment at what I thought was 8-9 weeks. Based on my last period the nurse guesstimated me at 9 weeks. My hcg level was 91,000 which the nurse said put me right around the time she had guessed. I went for an ultrasound and the baby measured 6w4d and had a heart rate of 175. I just read the 6 week ultrasound post below which ladies mentioned heart rates of around 120, so I googled what it should be at 6 weeks and the responses I saw were that it was low at 6 weeks and went up to around 170 at about 9 or 10 weeks. Which would put me back where the nurse had first guessed.

I am not super concerned, just frustrated. I would love to be father along than the ultrasound read, 2 weeks is a big difference at this point!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So frustrated over due date!

• Options
    You really need to go by overall size of the baby and not the heartbeat rate.  Rates can go up and down and isn't a great indicator of the age of the fetus.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

imageelmoali:
    You really need to go by overall size of the baby and not the heartbeat rate.  Rates can go up and down and isn't a great indicator of the age of the fetus.

All of this.  Don't listen to the Google - listen to the doctor/nurse that looked at your ultrasound.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would trust the measurements that they took during the u/s, not the heartbeat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Were you temping and/or using OPKs to track ovulation? When did you get you BFP?   Did you have negative tests before that one?
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    imagekestock120:
    I would trust the measurements that they took during the u/s, not the heartbeat.

Agreed. Really all due dates are estimates. Don't get too worked up or stuck on it. Tack on 2 weeks either way. Babies come when they want and there is no reason to freak about EDD.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    image526SadieSadie:

imageelmoali:

All of this.  Don't listen to the Google - listen to the doctor/nurse that looked at your ultrasound.

Me three. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image526SadieSadie:

imageelmoali:

Thumbs up to all of this.
  • Options

imageelmoali:

THIS! U/S techs are trained to measure and look for things like this. You cannot tell the age of the fetus by your HCG levels because those can be diffrent for a number of reasons and can be different for each woman and with each pregnancy. Just be happy you have a hb and that your LO seems healthy! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options

imageshara3333:
    Were you temping and/or using OPKs to track ovulation? When did you get you BFP?   Did you have negative tests before that one?

I had a negative test on 12/14 and then a day or two after.

Like I said, I am not worried about it, just frustrated. Thanks for all the comments though, it does help to hear others help "confirm" what the u/s read.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemburkhe:

imageshara3333:

I had a negative test on 12/14 and then a day or two after.

Like I said, I am not worried about it, just frustrated. Thanks for all the comments though, it does help to hear others help "confirm" what the u/s read.

A positive pregnancy test around 12/16 (i assume you did not mean a positive OPK at that time), would make you closer to what you originally thought.   I would just share your concerns with your doctor and maybe they will do another dating ultrasound to help get to the bottom of things and ease your mind.   I know a discrepancy that large would bother me and I'd want to get to the bottom of it. 

But a heartbeat and a healthy baby in there do mean a LOT more than your due date being a little off. :)

Good luck!

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    I agree with the others, the ultrasound is going to be the most accurate at determining your due date at this point. 
    photo IMAG0561-002-Copy2-Copy_zps16abfae1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"