Maryland Babies
Options

Super Mom moments?

Any moments that you felt like you had all your sh!t together?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Super Mom moments?

• Options
    On Tuesday I kept an eye on dinner in the oven, while buiding a magnatile "rocket" with J, while nursing C in the Ergo.  Things were totally calm and fun.  I just wish the majority of our weekday evenings went that smoothly.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've had a couple successful trips to the grocery store with both girls and when I got home I wondered how I did it, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ha, usually not, but the other night DS1 was crying because he had decided a couple weeks ago to "make all his toys pretty" (i.e. color them with markers). I guess he had a change of heart because he was really upset that he had colored his Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater and wanted them clean, and it wouldn't come off with a baby wipe. So I said....ok, let me try something else. I got a cotton ball and nail polish remover and the marker came right off. His little face lit up and he said "Mommy!!! you did it!!!" then unfortunately, the nail polish remover took some of the white paint off of Mater's teeth. And he saw that and got upset again. I said "ok....hold on, I have an idea" and ran and got my white manicure pen (for french manicures) and fixed his teeth with it. I felt very resourceful :)

Also, last week driving home in the snow we almost got into an accident when an SUV lost control and spun over the yellow line into our lane. Without missing a beat I calmly swerved us off of the roadway and went four-wheeling through someone's front yard to avoid this guy. I almost had a heart attack but DS1 kept saying "I wanna drive through the grass again!" Lol.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The milk drunk completely satisfied look on my sons face after we finish BF makes me feel like the greatest person on earth every time! Also DH went back to work today so I had the sole responsibility of bringing DS to his 2nd Dr appt All By Myself, lol. I managed a shower, a pair of jeans not leggings or sweats a partial hair dry, we got there on time and we were able to get a few errands done too. And it only took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to open the stupid stroller. :
  • Options
    Any night that I can get the dinner on the table before DH gets home is a win in my book with two kids. One kid who wants to be downstairs and the other kid usually has her hands in the dog bowls.

• Options

imagejcsntms06:
    Any night that I can get the dinner on the table before DH gets home is a win in my book with two kids. One kid who wants to be downstairs and the other kid usually has her hands in the dog bowls.

We had to resort to putting our dog's food in his cage, and locking it when the baby was around (and he wasn't looking overly hungry).  We have to guard him while he eats because he'll just walk away from his food if she comes over...such a patient doggy he is.  :-)

ETA: he's not locked in the cage, just his food and water bowls.

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't feel like super mom as my days go by, but when I think about the fact that I have a full time job and two kids, plus I manage to work out several days a week AND make dinner on week nights, I do feel a little super mom-ish. It's a good feeling!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

More often than less I feel like a crap *** mom. But every once in a while when I step back and realize that most times I am basicly a single mom with my husband traveling I think I have some "Super Mom" moments.

I cook every day, I maintain a clean house, I make lunches, take kids to school, handle all doctors visits (and with Luke those are A LOT), help with homework, did all the leaf raking/snow shoveling, grocery shop, supply shop,  all while running my business.   I just wish I had more patience with my kids. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"