Trying to Get Pregnant

An open letter to my (former) Mirena

Dear ex-Mirena,

Please believe me, I'm not a stalker.  But the truth is you were my BFF and neither of us knew it.

For three years I have lived a life free of that bltch uterus' drama because your loving touch kept me from its wrath.  I know I gave you that age-old line "It's not you, it's me" as I broke up with you, but really I only had you removed from my life because I need that uterus to house another human for a while.

But now, I see why we were BFF's.  Blood clots, heavy flow, and having to keep back-up feminine products in my purse at all times have already become a part of my life despite our break-up four days ago.  I had forgotten how nice it was to spend three years never ruining a pair of underwear.

Alas, right now the time is not right for us to be together.  But you bet your bronze baby booties as soon as the next human evacuates my uterus we will be reunited again.

With love,

Quidditch 

Re: An open letter to my (former) Mirena

• Woot I'm so happy your here!
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have totally opposite feelings towards my Mirena but I love your sig. :)
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imagecurlylocks3:
    I have totally opposite feelings towards my Mirena but I love your sig. :)

I'm with you, curlylocks. Mirena made my life hell, and getting that sh!t removed was one of the best decisions of my life.  

• Curlylocks and Peanut, I'm sorry it didn't work for you guys.  I have heard some horror stories for sure.  On the flip side though, the pill makes me crazy.  

• imagequidditchcapn1120:

Curlylocks and Peanut, I'm sorry it didn't work for you guys.  I have heard some horror stories for sure.  On the flip side though, the pill makes me crazy.  

The pill gave me hypertension. Depo made me crazy. I will never go on birth control again. (Not kidding, not even a little bit.) 

• imagequidditchcapn1120:

Curlylocks and Peanut, I'm sorry it didn't work for you guys.  I have heard some horror stories for sure.  On the flip side though, the pill makes me crazy.  

Amazing how the hormones affect everyone so differently, isn't it? I loved not worrying about forgetting Mirena but I was WAY happier on the pill. Mirena killed my sex drive and made me sad- not depressed, just I was never truly happy. 
    I'll consider Paragard though once the baby making is done.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • I loved my Mirena. I just hated the removal. The doctor that placed it cut the threads too short, so I had to have out patient surgery to have it removed.
  • I'm sorry you're missing your Mirena.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejefa621:
    You have a great sense of humor.  Sorry you're having a crappy time.  Hopefully it wont' be for too long!

Embarrassed   Thanks!  I'm mostly kidding. It sucks but I had just forgotten about all of these womanly problems.  Nothing that every other woman doesn't deal with every month. 

• imagecruelsound:
    You should have kept it and made it into a necklace.

Oooh.  Maybe next time.  I'll get little birthstones to commemorate when I got it placed.  Pretty!

• imagepeanut+muse:
    [The pill gave me hypertension. Depo made me crazy. I will never go on birth control again. (Not kidding, not even a little bit.) 

This is me as well.  I have been off birth control since 2007.  My body just cannot handle it. 

• OP,

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I am even more depressed that it has been 6wks since removal and I haven't had my first real period yet. Doc is giving me another two weeks and then I have to go in for meds to kick start it. 

I had the post removal "formality" bleeding- just nothing since. LAME

Hope this passes soon!!! Then on to da baby makin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNY Mama:

imagepeanut+muse:
    [The pill gave me hypertension. Depo made me crazy. I will never go on birth control again. (Not kidding, not even a little bit.) 

This is me as well.  I have been off birth control since 2007.  My body just cannot handle it. 

Me three. I went off it in 2010 and felt so much more normal. Went back on it for a few months when I realized I was going to be stuck having AF on my wedding day, and became an evil sexless b!tch. Never again. I'll take the cramps over that any day. 

• Hallelujah!! Mine was one of the best things that ever happened to me haha. I will definitely be using one again PP
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"