Trying to Get Pregnant

Fessing up to my BFP :)

So I got a BFP a couple weeks ago and have been nervous to post about it on here because I was nervous something would happen and because I just started posting here and was worried everyone would think it was a drive by. I was assured by one person that she'd back me up, though, so here it goes.

What we did: I drank a little green tea while waiting to O, but not a whole lot. We were on a 4 day mini vacation right around my FW, right around New Years, so I think that helped.

How I found out: On January 15, I asked the ladies in chat to convince me not to test, and they did, but I still tested the next day, when AF was due, against my better judgment. And woohoo, faint line!

How I told DH: I called him at work and said "I think I'm pregnant again" (loss in November). He said "Why do you think that?" and I said "Because I took a test and it says I am." haha

I confirmed with another cheapie and a digital the next day.

Symptoms this month: I kind of thought I was out because my CM was kind of watery. I ended up testing because I realized the kind of cramping I was having was kind of similar to the feeling I had when I was pregnant before.

Thank yous: I know I haven't posted a lot here, but I learned a lot from this board. Chat ladies, thanks for everything! Especially Brittany, KMM, PM, and Tamma. Everyone I talked to there is great though!

I am thinking about all of you and hope you get BFPs soon!

Re: Fessing up to my BFP :)

• I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around. Congrats.
  • Congrats!!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Loading the player...
  • <3 Tamma! Thanks! It was kind of driving me crazy not going to chat and telling you all. Now I can talk to you again, haha
  • Congratulations!
  • imagebexsd:
    &lt;3 Tamma! Thanks! It was kind of driving me crazy not going to chat and telling you all. Now I can talk to you again, haha

You should have come to chat! I've missed talking to ya.
  • Congrats!
    <{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive">BabyFruit Ticker}>
  • Congrats! That's great!
    Started TTC 7/12
    BFP on 7/27/12.
    Suspected Miscarriage on 8/14/12 @ 6w1d..
    Ectopic found & removed from right tube on 9/7/12 @ 9w4d.

Continued trying for another year.
    HSG Oct 2013 shows Left tube clear, right tube blocked.
    BFP Nov 2013. Miscarriage at 5w3d.
    BFP Jan 2014. Ectopic- found and removed from left tube 6w2d.

On to IVF.
    Hydrosalpinx found in right tube. Oct 2014.
    Remaining portions of Right and Left tubes removed 1/6/15.
    Started BCP FEB 24,
    started stims Mar 18.  Antagonist protocol. (menopur, bravelle, cetrotide)
    "Slow responder" - stimmed for 14 days.
    Triggered with 5,000IU norvarel.  8 Follicles. 5 Retrieved. 4 Mature. All 4 fertilized w/ICSI.
    OHSS- Transfer cancelled.
    2 Embies made it to day 5. Both 4ab; frozen.
    FET Scheduled for May 20th!!
    1 5ab frosty transferred.
    BFP @ 4dp5dt
    Beta: 12dp=248 | 14dp=648 | 25dp=7,442

• imageTamma254:
    imagebexsd:
    <3 Tamma! Thanks! It was kind of driving me crazy not going to chat and telling you all. Now I can talk to you again, haha

I know, I've missed talking to you too! Has everyone been using the new chat or the tinychat still?

• Congrats!
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• imagebexsd:

imageTamma254:
    imagebexsd:
    &lt;3 Tamma! Thanks! It was kind of driving me crazy not going to chat and telling you all. Now I can talk to you again, haha

I know, I've missed talking to you too! Has everyone been using the new chat or the tinychat still?

I've moved over to the new chat, mostly because my computer hates tinychat these days.
  • imageTamma254:
    I've moved over to the new chat, mostly because my computer hates tinychat these days.

these days? haha. well cool, i will try to keep an eye on this board and see when people are chatting. :)

• I will be the first to call you a drive by then.

Here's how to tell if you're a drive by... If you know what a drive by means and if you're afraid you are a drive by.

You're right. Not many people knew who you were. Some of the chat ladies do but the rest of us on the board don't.

Congrats and all. But you could have just come back into chat and told the girls who actually knew you. Good luck.

ETA: English is hard.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Congrats lady!

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • yeah, I debated whether it would be seen as more rude to post it, or to NOT post it after posting here and participating for about a month and just go straight to my birth month board. I decided on this. Sorry some of you would have preferred the other. Good luck to you, too.
  • And thanks for the congrats, everyone else!
  • Congrats and H&H 9 months!
  • imageChancieMark:
    Uhhhhh......

My thoughts exactly 

• imageChancieMark:
    Uhhhhh......

This was my reaction too. ;-)

And OP yours certainly wasn't the worst kind of drive by we've seen here but your short time posting combined with the break you seemed to take for the last couple weeks contributed to the drive by-i-ness of your post.

Congrats though.

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Congratulations 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats bex! good luck to you!
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • The break was because I have spent the last two weeks terrified. I had a recent loss and wanted to wait a bit.

I am done defending myself though.

Again, thanks for the congrats, folks, and good luck. Off to my bmb. 

• What is this "Chat" thing you speak of? I am interested in chatting it up! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebexsd:
    The break was because I have spent the last two weeks terrified. I had a recent loss and wanted to wait a bit. I am done defending myself though.Again, thanks for the congrats, folks, and good luck. Off to my bmb.nbsp;

I think it's understandable to wait to tell after a recent loss. Sorry you went through that, best wishes for this pregnancy!

No need to attack someone for a BFP just because they weren't around a lot. The point of this board is that we are trying to get BFP's. Either be happy for someone or don't comment on their post if you don't feel happy for them or just don't know them.
  • imagebexsd:
    So I got a BFP a couple weeks ago and have been nervous to post about it on here because I was nervous something would happen and because I just started posting here and was worried everyone would think it was a drive by. I was assured by one person that she'd back me up, though, so here it goes. What we did: I drank a little green tea while waiting to O, but not a whole lot. We were on a 4 day mini vacation right around my FW, right around New Years, so I think that helped. How I found out: On January 15, I asked the ladies in chat to convince me not to test, and they did, but I still tested the next day, when AF was due, against my better judgment. And woohoo, faint line!How I told DH: I called him at work and said "I think I'm pregnant again" loss in November. He said "Why do you think that?" and I said "Because I took a test and it says I am." hahaI confirmed with another cheapie and a digital the next day. Symptoms this month: I kind of thought I was out because my CM was kind of watery. I ended up testing because I realized the kind of cramping I was having was kind of similar to the feeling I had when I was pregnant before.Thank yous: I know I haven't posted a lot here, but I learned a lot from this board. Chat ladies, thanks for everything! Especially Brittany, KMM, PM, and Tamma. Everyone I talked to there is great though!I am thinking about all of you and hope you get BFPs soon! nbsp;

She mentioned loss in her initial post, it wasn't undisclosed info.
  • congrats!
    ?TTC#1 since 04/11?CP 03/28/12?Me:Polycystic Ovaries&Endo??Him:MFI- Awaiting 2nd SA?
    ?Blog?
  • imageChancieMark:
    imagebexsd:

The break was because I have spent the last two weeks terrified. I had a recent loss and wanted to wait a bit.

I am done defending myself though.

Again, thanks for the congrats, folks, and good luck. Off to my bmb. 

Ahhh, I love it when people bring up undisclosed information after a flaming as a way of guilting people for flaming them.

Ugh, and I wasn't even tyring to flame her. I was just trying to explain why it would be considered a drive by. Currently I'm more annoyed by her not quoting people she's obviously responding to. ;-)

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• WTF is going on around here today?!?!?!

I need a job that doesn't keep me so busy...

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I tend to think drive-bys are worse when people claim to know the tone of the board then decide to post it anyways. Also the "well I'm off to my BMB now" comes off as more than slightly biitchy. 

Sorry for having to quote that way... TB glitch 

ETA even though I post here all the time if I get a BFP soon I will go straight to 1st tri  with a post titled "TTGP Grad "and people can find me there.I don't chart and so all my BFP post would be is one big AW.... this to me is just as bad as a drive by

• imageChancieMark:

imagenicole mackenzie:
    imagebexsd:
    So I got a BFP a couple weeks ago and have been nervous to post about it on here because I mid nervous.....How I told DH: I called him at work and said "I think I'm pregnant again" loss in November. nbsp;

She mentioned loss in her initial post, it wasn't undisclosed info.

Not in the OP of this thread. Should I memorize everyone's TTC history?&nbsp;

ETA: My lack of brackets in mobile caused me to skim over that but still, same idea. She's trying to make everyone feel bad. I don't and I won't.

I'm on a mobile too... Skimming made you miss where she says " loss in November, scared to post in case something happens"

You can post hateful things if you want sure, but who does it help?
  • I don't have an issue with her break or waiting to disclose a BFP. That's understandable and was included in her OP.

Separate and apart from that, I have an issue with someone knowing they're a drive by and still posting it. Also, she said she had someone who would back her up if she posted it. Besides the ignorant Nicole white knight, I don't see anyone coming to your aid, OP.

They may have just congratulated you and moved on, but they're not defending the fact that you are a drive by.

I love chatting with the girls too but it's not hard to understand that just because you chat, it doesn't mean you're active on the board. It works both ways.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• imageCLECyclist:

imagenicole mackenzie:
    No need to attack someone for a BFP

There's no need for your histrionics either.

She wasn't attacked. Judging by your post count I would wager you don't really get how things happen around here, and how some consider a drive-by rude. If she's allowed to post her BFP then I'm allowed to comment on it.

Newbies gotta quit with this double standard shiiiit, I tell you.

Judging from my post count I haven't posted a lot.... Doesn't mean I haven't been reading...

No double standard from me here. I think you are being unfair to the OP so I said it. I also even as a newbie have a right to post here
  • Hey lady!! Congrats!! :D

And I think everyone has their own opinion on what a drive by is. Most of you have probably seen her post, maybe not a whole lot, but she has. I would think that a drive by would be considered someone who posts here after just joining (or joining and asking like a question) then moving on.

But whatever. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. :)

imageFertility Friend Chart

TTC #1 since 10/12
    7/13 : DX Possible PCOS
    ---ultrasound shows clear left ovary, "polycystic appearance" on right
    ---TSH and prolactin levels : Good
    10/9/13
    : RE appointment scheduled

Anniversary
  • Congrats.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imageHeyBrittany04:

Hey lady!! Congrats!! :D

And I think everyone has their own opinion on what a drive by is. Most of you have probably seen her post, maybe not a whole lot, but she has. I would think that a drive by would be considered someone who posts here after just joining (or joining and asking like a question) then moving on.

I cannot recall a single post from OP.

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yea, obviously you were friendly with some ladies in chat but I don't recognize you either. Um, congrats anyways.

I don't get why you would want to come back to ttgp chat to talk to people since you haven't made that much of an effort to post on the board. Why not get to know your bmb?
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• imagelobosabby:
    imageHeyBrittany04:

Hey lady!! Congrats!! :D

I cannot recall a single post from OP.

I don't know that she started any threads, but she did participate in other threads.

imageFertility Friend Chart

TTC #1 since 10/12
    7/13 : DX Possible PCOS
    ---ultrasound shows clear left ovary, "polycystic appearance" on right
    ---TSH and prolactin levels : Good
    10/9/13
    : RE appointment scheduled

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"