Multiples

"Are you going to have to be on bedrest?"

Anyone else getting annoyed by this question?  I like to think that I am doing really well with my twin pregnancy so far and I prefer to think that I will not need bedrest.  Big Smile People need to just let me go on believing that everything is perfect and I will work right up until I deliver! <Vent over>
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: &amp;quot;Are you going to have to be on bedrest?&amp;quot;

• Yes!  I think people think if you are asked to stop working early that equates to bedrest when it doesn't.  I just tell people not to wish such things on me.  It's not good for my health to be restricted to bed, and it means something is really wrong.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• That is actually a question I don't get.  It is totally possible not to have to go on bedrest with a twin pregnancy.  I haven't had to so far.. and I really doubt I will be now because I'm a few days away from not being stopped if I go into labor.  Here's hoping you don't have to either.. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's just another question they ask when they find out you're having multiples.  I mean, you are more likely to be on bed rest, but it's not like 100% of twin pregnancies end up on bed rest.  It's kind of like when people assume you're going to have a C-section because it's twins.  Higher rate, but not necessarily a guarantee.  
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • People are asking me WHEN I will be going on bedrest! I say, "Hopefully never." Grrrrrrrrr...
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • imageDragonfly1226:
    People are asking me WHEN I will be going on bedrest! I say, "Hopefully never." Grrrrrrrrr...

Yes, I'm pretty sure my mother is convinced that I will be on bedrest in a couple weeks.  SO frustrating! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • It kinda worked in my favor.  My boss thought I was going to end up on bedrest so she let me start working from home to lessen my chances :D.  But yes. It got old. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"