Parenting

I was on the Pampers board

And there's a post about how they extended the wetness indicator to all sizes of their Swaddlers (up to size 5 I think). I loved that thing when DS was a newborn but by the time he got to size 3, 4, 5, etc, I could tell by feeling that he was wet. Does my kid just pee a lot or are there people with 1-year-olds that really can't tell when their kid has a wet diaper without a strip turning color?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I was on the Pampers board

• There could be some really big newborn - 3/4 month olds in the larger sizes, though.

I can definitely feel when DD pees now, but I remember back before she was about a year, she didn't pee much at a time so I wished they had the wetness indicator for bigger sizes.  I think they used to only have it on the newborn dipes.

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • That seems weird to me too.  I got pull-ups for P & there is a wetness indicator on it.  Well, unless the thing is FULL, it doesn't even show on the indicator.  What good does that do me?  If I can't tell that a diaper is full, I should be fired.  lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there even a point? I can't be the only person thag lets the kid pee more than once in the same diaper. I change it once it bulges a bit, not after each pee. I pay big bucks for pampers and hose suckers will fill right up the back if you let them. I don't. Usually.
  • They just want you to change the diaper earlier, at the first sign of wetness.  You know, like how when your kid was a newborn you'd change him 'just because'.

I could always tell by feeling.  And for sure I didn't change at the first sign of wetness, particularly when I got to kid 2.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • imageridesbuttons:

They just want you to change the diaper earlier, at the first sign of wetness.  You know, like how when your kid was a newborn you'd change him 'just because'.

I could always tell by feeling.  And for sure I didn't change at the first sign of wetness, particularly when I got to kid 2.

We were supposed to change newborns just because??  Oops. 
  • imagesofamonkey:
    imageridesbuttons:

They just want you to change the diaper earlier, at the first sign of wetness.  You know, like how when your kid was a newborn you'd change him 'just because'.

Oh, I got ripped a new one years back when DS2 was a newborn by suggesting to someone on the 0-3 board that it was ok to let the little darling sleep rather than change a diaper on the off chance it might be wet.

OMG.  Those new moms went APE on my azz.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • imageridesbuttons:
    imagesofamonkey:
    imageridesbuttons:

Oh, I got ripped a new one years back when DS2 was a newborn by suggesting to someone on the 0-3 board that it was ok to let the little darling sleep rather than change a diaper on the off chance it might be wet.

So, my "if it ain't s'hit, it can sit" rule was a bad one.  Bummer. 
  • Some have a let the sht sit if baby is asleep rule.
  • imageridesbuttons:
    imagesofamonkey:
    imageridesbuttons:

Oh.  If they were asleep there was no way I was waking them up to change a diaper.  If they pooped in their sleep...yeah no still didn't wake them to change it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If DD has just one pee in a sposie I can't necessarily tell, but I don't use them all that often so I'm not a pee-feeler expert.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageInkogneetoh:
    imagemom2pottamus:

Oh.  If they were asleep there was no way I was waking them up to change a diaper.  If they pooped in their sleep...yeah no still didn't wake them to change it.

My kid must have some serious sensitive skin because if she sits in a poop diaper for more than 3 minutes, instant rash.  

Yeah, poop is a definite change sitch.  A lil' wet, it can wait the hour for the nap to get over. 
  • imageInkogneetoh:
    imagemom2pottamus:

My kid must have some serious sensitive skin because if she sits in a poop diaper for more than 3 minutes, instant rash.  

Neither of mine ever had real issues with diaper rash...plus they have both always been morning poopers.  It has always been rare for me to have them wake up stinky, and usually they wake up when it happens.

• imageScout2005:
    My 5 month old is almost in size 4 diapers. I love that wetness indicator, personally. He has ridiculous skin issues, I need to change him really as soon as he's wet if I can.

LOL I just moved my almost 2 year old into size 4's...

• I don't think it is needed.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageeddy321:
    imagemom2pottamus:

imageScout2005:
    My 5 month old is almost in size 4 diapers. I love that wetness indicator, personally. He has ridiculous skin issues, I need to change him really as soon as he's wet if I can.

LOL I just moved my almost 2 year old into size 4's...

Seriously?  DS has been in size 4s since he was 3 or 4 months.  The kid porked up quickly.  He now pretty much fits into DD's size 5s.  I'm kind of happy about it because I don't have to worry so much about having the right size diaper with me.

I had to move her up because she was wetting through the diapers, but now the tabs overlap in front and she is packing some serious diaper sag.  I kid you not this girl is so tiny she is still wearing some 12month blanket sleepers.. always jealous of those cuddly babies with some pudge!

• imagesofamonkey:
    imageridesbuttons:
    imagesofamonkey:
    imageridesbuttons:

So, my "if it ain't s'hit, it can sit" rule was a bad one.  Bummer. 

+1 

I used the same rule esp with my 2nd & 3rd, maybe less so with my first... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"