Health & Exercise

Pregnancy safe workouts for legs??

So it seems that since I've gotten pregnant, all my weight has gone to my butt and thighs :( I know walking is an obvious good things to keep up with that but the treadmill is killing my knees and its not exactly walking weather outside in Maine right now.  Just looking for some tips to mix up my workout to help target those areas that anyone has found helpful and not have to be on the treadmill every day! TIA for your ideas!

Re: Pregnancy safe workouts for legs??

• Squats and lunges are great.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I haven't had to change any of my leg workouts yet.

I do leg extensions, leg curls, the inner and outer thigh machines, calf raises, and leg press for weights.

For cardio I walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • I was competitive while pregnant until some complications took me out...  Before that, the rule was "Don't train like a knucklehead!"..  Just do what you want as long as you don't strain.  Squatting is awesome as are ab/adductors...  Just ZERO straining!!  Work, yes, no to strain!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do a mix of lunges, squats, and side leg lifts. Just ease into things so you don't get too stiff off the bat! If I overdo it, my SI joint bugs me a bit.

You can do a ton of variations for each exercise - side lunges, reverse lunges, med ball twist lunges... squats holding a med ball and squat thrusters (hold dumbbells and add a military press at the end of each squat). Side leg lifts are great for your hips/IT bands. I use these lifts as cross training with running.

Have a great work out! 

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
  • I did a lot of biking - spinning early on, then actual biking, then once I was nervous, I put a bike on a trainer. Very good butt and thigh workout :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"