April 2013 Moms

HOSTESS GIFTS

I am stumped!!

4 of my girlfriends are hosting a couples shower for us in two weeks and I am at a loss on what to give them without spending a ton/ but also not being crafty. 

they are all at different stages in life, one just married, one single with a 16 yr old, one with a new month old baby and one prego and due in March. - had originally thought of something with the babies because that's still new and exciting for the two of them, but the other two not going to work. Would love to give them all pedi certificates or something but not really wanting to spend 30 dollars each!

any ideas? What are yall doing?

Re: HOSTESS GIFTS

• What about a nice bottle of wine?

I need to figure this out too. I'm having two showers - one thrown by my SIL and one by my three best friends.  I actually was thinking pedicures, but I don't mind spending $30 on each of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My MIL, SIL, & Grandmother are hosting.  I am purchasing my SIL a brooch (she collects them), my MIL a silver "Grandma" bracelet, & I have no Idea what to get my Gma.  I was thinking of getting her a pedi certificate but I just bought her a massage for Xmas & those two gifts feel too similar.  What about Bath & Body products for your girls?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • imageJSS1002:

What about a nice bottle of wine?

I like this idea.  Or a gift certificate to a coffee shop?

• I would also agree with a nice bottle of wine or maybe a Starbucks gift card since one of your hostesses is not 21. I'm sure they'll appreciate anything, it is the thought that counts, after all! 
  • Since you were thinking pedi certificates, a cheaper option would be to get them each a fun OPI nail polish, a set of toe separators, and maybe a foot lotion? That way they get a little pampering fun without the expense on your end.  I think they will be appreciative of the gift no matter what!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also have 4 friends hosting my shower. I got them each two full-size lotions from Victoria Secret for crazy cheap at the semi-annual sale. I'm also going to get them each a bottle of nail polish and make some pretty sugar cookies to put in the bag. It will end up being about $15 each.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You don't have to get them all the same thing.  I had 3 showers when I was pregnant with DS, and each was hosted by 2 people.  I didn't get anything the same, I got each person something that they would like.

One likes Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar stuff, so I got her some things in that scent.

One likes vodka gimlets so I got her a bottle of vodka and the lime juice to make them.

Another one I baked an apple pie for, 100% from scratch.

Another, I gave a movie night basket with a chick flick, a couple bags of popcorn and a couple bottles of Crystal Light.   Or you could do a "Pamper me" basket with a magizine she likes, and stuff to do pedicures.

Or GC's for pedicures... maybe some cute/comfy pajamas etc.

Pick something out for them as if you were buying them a birthday gift.  I did this with my bridesmaids as well... I got them all totes with their initial on it, but I put different things in them depending on what they like.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Someone posted awhile back about putting together a little Bath & Body Works gift set or a gift card, with a card that says: "Hope your shower is as good as you made mine!" or something like that. I'm probably going to do that.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • I went to bath and body works and got a lotion/hand soap/body wash etc kit for like 20 bucks. They come in a cute package and its suitable for everybody!!
  • imageDarlingNIkki1028:
    Someone posted awhile back about putting together a little Bath & Body Works gift set or a gift card, with a card that says: "Hope your shower is as good as you made mine!" or something like that. I'm probably going to do that.

I'm doing kind of a variation on this: I'm gonna get a basket from hobby lobby with some paper stuffing filler and put lots of beauty things in it. Like a loofa, lotion, face masks... basically whatever I find for a decent price at Target. The tag is gonna say what's in quotes from this PP. I think it will be cute and useful too, but I only have to make two, it might get costly with more than that.

We're also getting a 3D ultrasound the week of my shower, so I'm gonna get a cute frame and put the best pic in it for my mom and MIL who are also helping plan.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • imageSissy1230:
    Since you were thinking pedi certificates, a cheaper option would be to get them each a fun OPI nail polish, a set of toe separators, and maybe a foot lotion? That way they get a little pampering fun without the expense on your end.  I think they will be appreciative of the gift no matter what!
    Agreed! Or maybe a monogramed make-up bag?
    BabyName Ticker
  • great ideas, thank you! love the 'hope your shower is as great as mine' idea, clever!!
  • I bought the hostesses of my shower Willow Tree figurines, because they each have a special meaning/message which you can personalize for each hostess.  They are a very good price and the price goes up as the size goes up, I just bought the small ones and I have gifted them many times before and people love the fact they are sentimental.  You can usually find them at Hallmark stores or their website www.willowtree.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageDarlingNIkki1028:
    Someone posted awhile back about putting together a little Bath & Body Works gift set or a gift card, with a card that says: "Hope your shower is as good as you made mine!" or something like that. I'm probably going to do that.

Oh, that's super cute, maybe I will do that with some Aveda stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageDarlingNIkki1028:

I love this saying! I have one shower being hostessed by some ladies at church whom I barely know, and I really was at a loss as to what to get them that was nice but not impersonal. This takes a pretty generic "I have no idea what to really get" gift and makes it a perfect gift!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"