1st Trimester
Options

Antibiotics?

So long story kind of short, on our belated honeymoon in Costa Rica last week,  my husband and I were snorkeling and were run over by a driver in a motor boat that wasn't paying attention, and my right arm and hand were hit by the propeller.  I ended up with stiches in my thumb, done in Costa Rica.  The doctor I saw, in the states, prescribed me Keflex for antibiotics.  The OB said it was a "Class B" drug, so it should be fine.  Can anyone ease my concern with taking this?  I may just be paranoid.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Antibiotics?

• Options
    im pretty sure that is the same stuff i was put on a few weeks ago for sinus crud and everything is good with my little one:) if the OB says its ok then you should be just fine:) im sure that you be safer than the possible infection that you could get if you dont take them too.... i would take them
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, thank you.  That makes me feel alot better.  This is why I shouldn't research things on the internet, it freaks me out too much :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am the same way. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! I'm glad you weren't hurt worse.  Is your husband ok?  Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to take those antibiotics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    Thank you.  Yeah we consider ourselves very fortunate.  He only had some bruising and swelling.  Which is good, because now he can take care of me :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was on a different antibiotic and was told by my pharmacist that class B is pretty much the safest rating they can have. There are only 2-3 on the A list and to not worry. Hope you get to feeling better!  

Dailey 10/29/2009 BFP! 7/12/2010 Welcomed our beautiful baby boy TTC#2 Since 10/2011 5/21/2012 BFP! 6/30/2012 Missed Miscarriage 1/4/2012 BFP!! Stick, baby, stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Yikes- what a scary accident!  I took keflex while pregnant with DS1, no issues for either of us.  The risk of infection to both you and baby definitely out-weigh any small possible risks of the med.

Glad you and DH are doing ok! 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If it is Class B you should be OK to take it. I definitely understand your concern though but it seems pretty necessary. You don't want an infection.

Anniversary
  • Options
    If your OB said it was safe... why are you asking a bunch of people on a website who have no medical training?
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"