September 2011 Moms

announcing on fb?

Alright, I think I finally need to let fb know that I'm pregnant.  With Augie I was so excited to put it out there at 12 weeks but with this one I'm feeling more private for some reason. 

But it's reaching the point where some friends really do deserve to know and they aren't ones I call or email plus one of my friends posted pics from a girls trip two weeks ago and I think I look pretty obviously pregnant in them.

So how should I do it?  With Augie I just did a "Baby Lastname coming this September!" status.  Do I get more creative?  Post a pic of A that says "I'm going to be a big brother", a simple status, something clever? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: announcing on fb?

• We are 2 and through and We posted something like "our family is finally complete, our little guy will be here in November!"
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think the big brother/sister posts are always cute.   Just posted an u/s pic and said baby girl #2 expected late Feb.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When the time comes, I plan to post a picture of DD wearing a "Big Sister" t-shirt. I plan on skipping any message/title and just letting people figure it out.

For DD, I posted a picture of her 20 week ultrasound saying we were expecting agirl. I plan on waiting until 20 weeks for #2 as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I announced on DD 1st birthday with a big sister shirt. At first I just posted the picture and wrote happy birthday to her. Then I got a call from my friend who already knew I was pregnant saying nobody gets it. So a few hours later I wrote I guess nobody gets my last status so... I'm pregnant. Then I got a bunch of likes and comments.
  • Love the big brother shirt.

You could take a picture of him in it with more space up above, and add a sign that says "Only child expiring September 2013"

You could take a picture of the 3 of you and have the caption say something like "Spot the 4th family member!" or something, or do the "Camera $125, Big Brother shirt $12, knowing there are 4 people in this picture, Priceless" line.

Moosey's baby shoes idea was cute.

• With DD1, my status was something like "Our baby's heartbeat is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard - due March 2010!"

With DD2, I just said "DD1 is going to be a big sister in September!"

Obviously I am boring :) 

A college classmate announced #2 by posting a picture of her daughter with the caption "She has no idea what mommy and daddy are bringing home in December..." People were seriously confused and asking if they were getting another dog, LOL. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't made a FB announcement yet. I'll probably post a picture of the ultasound with an "It's a [whatever the sex is]" caption like I did with B.
  • Whenever we have #2 I think I'll just post a pic of DS in a big brother shirt and say something like "C has some very exciting news he wants to share with you all!"
  • imageMs5586:
    Love the big brother shirt.
    You could take a picture of him in it with more space up above, and add a sign that says "Only child expiring September 2013"
    You could take a picture of the 3 of you and have the caption say something like "Spot the 4th family member!" or something, or do the "Camera 125, Big Brother shirt 12, knowing there are 4 people in this picture, Priceless" line.

omg! These ideas are seriously cute!
  • Ditto PP. love the big brother shirt idea. subtle and adorable.
  • Ok, I found a pic on my phone of Augie in our coat closet with his mouth open in a shocked face so I posted that as put "Augie's reaction to finding out he's going to be a big brother at the end of June".

The picture is kind of dark but I think it's cute, hopefully people get it!

• imagesolsburyhill:
    Ok, I found a pic on my phone of Augie in our coat closet with his mouth open in a shocked face so I posted that as put "Augie's reaction to finding out he's going to be a big brother at the end of June".
    The picture is kind of dark but I think it's cute, hopefully people get it!

It sounds super cute! And how convenient you already have the perfect picture.
  • When I did my fb announcement, I put something along the lines of: "If two is company, three is a crowd and four is a party... then party over here in July! ;-)"

I love making it a little more creative, but making some people wonder if they're interpreting it correctly, hehe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't read through all of the suggestions but this is what I got.

You could post your are promoting Augie eft the month & year your due to big brother

or I've seen where they post a pic of their child and then say Only child expiration date and then the date you are due if that makes sense.

• I got a big brother shirt for Max at Old Navy. They were on sale for $2.99! I'll probably say something like, "Max has something he wants to tell everyone!" I don't want to tell people early but ladies, my bloat is out of control! My moms group friends are already noticing, but not saying anything, just looking at my belly curiously. I am going to let the news out of my ultrasound tomorrow goes well. 
  • I did the bid sister shirt with L.

i am going to steal Cottons picture if I have another, with all of us and ask, "do you think this bench will hold one more?"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • its becoming a little popular, but I like the shirts that say, "only child expiring (due date)".
  • imagehoot179:
    its becoming a little popular, but I like the shirts that say, "only child expiring due date".

This is what we did.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"