July 2012 Moms

My Baby won't eat solids!!

Is anyone else having this problem???  She loves milk, but she tightens her lips when I try feeding her food.  She offically hates oatmeal, and loves apples and carrots, but thats about it.  She won't open her mouth for anything else!  She isn't getting any grains in her diet ever since she stopped eating oatmeal. Should I be putting it in her milk so she get it that way?  What suggestions do you have for me to have her eat more?  She started drinking formula full time as of 2 weeks ago and she drinks 6 oz, 5 times a day-- is the formula making her full?

Re: My Baby won't eat solids!!

• Yup LO refuses solids. If I actually get the spoon in her mouth she sticks her fingers in and pulls it all out. Very messy. At least yours will eat something. Can you mix the oatmeal with what she will eat?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I tried mixing oatmeal with her apples, but she wasn't having it.  What do you do since your baby doesn't eat solids?  Have you talked to her doctor about it? 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBabyBliss2012:
    I tried mixing oatmeal with her apples, but she wasn't having it.nbsp; What do you do since your baby doesn't eat solids?nbsp; Have you talked to hernbsp;doctor about it?nbsp;

I mentioned it at her 6 month appointment and the pedi wasn't concerned since she is still gaining weight well with just nursing. I still try to give solids once per day and I think I'm going to give BLW a shot. It just drives me nuts more than anything because she still nurses every 2 hours during the day and I would love for her to stretch out how often she nurses.

• It is more important for them to have milk and solids are mostly just for fun.  It is practice for them and eventually they will like something.  Keep trying different foods and textures and then try stuff you have already tried.  She might not like it the first time, but she might like it the 10th time she tries.

If you want her to have oatmeal, try mixing it with a fruit or veggie she likes.  You could also add some breastmilk or formula for a familiar taste. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"