Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Poop.

DD is EBF and was having lots of air in her tummy I started massages, mylicon and got the windi. The windi seemed to help her a lot she was sleeping finally but last night she was up basically all night and was screaming and everytime I would put the windi in she would poop everywhere like a goopy, brown-ish yellow, mucousy poop. I've been dairy free since the 20th but I'm wondering if I should call the pedi since she seems to be in pain but won't poop without the windi...

should she be pooping more than once per day??  I just feel terrible for her being awake at night and in pain

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Poop.

• The windi's are really not recommended for use because infants can become reliant on having to use it. I would give your doc a call.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO is formula fed and doesn't poop every day, and never poops more than once a day. It's my understanding that EBP babies can go a few days or more without pooping and be fine. Air in her tummy is not necessarily the cause of her crying...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no experience with the windi, but EBF babies can go a few days without pooping & that is perfectly normal. Usually, EBF babies poop around once a day & have around 5-6 wet diapers. Maybe she is going through a growth spurt/wonder week? I'd call your pedi just to be safe. 
  • My LO poops every 4-ish days and his doc said that's completely normal.  The air in her tummy probably doesn't have a lot to do with pooping or not, I'd call your pedi to ask their advice.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"