Pregnant after IF
Options

Abdominal pain/pressure?

Just curious if anyone else feels....kind of like, intense pressure in their lower abdomen.  I've obviously never been pregnant, so it might just come with the territory, but I want to make sure it's normal.  Especially at night while I am sleeping I wake up with a mix of acheyness and mild pain in my abdomen, so I usually roll to the other side, readjust and then fall back asleep.  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, so I can ask if it's unusual, but just curious if you ladies are experiencing anything similar?
TTC #1 since 2/2011. Me: Age 36. Stage III Endo and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
IUI #1 March: BFN, IUI #2 April: BFN.
IVF #1: Started stims 7/30--CANCELLED.
IVF #1.2: Stims start 10/8/12, ER: 10/20/12; 11R/8M/4F, 5DT: 10/25/12, transfer of a 4AA and 3AB Blast. BFP on HPT 10/31/12; Beta #1: (16 DPO) 954! Beta #2: (18 DPO) 1968! First U/S: TWINS!! A/S: TWO BOYS! EDD: 7/13/13
PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
image image image

Re: Abdominal pain/pressure?

• Options

When I roll onto my side, definitely. I wouldn't say intense so much as just uncomfortable. I put a pillow under my belly (even though it's not that big and doesn't seem like it should need more support yet) and that really helps. 

Are you feeling it during the day too? Or just at night sleeping on your side? 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options

I do feel pressure during the day--not pain.  I'm almost 17 weeks, which isn't far--but with the twins, if I had to guess, I look like I'm about 21 or so for most people.  Sitting down--no problems, but sometimes when I am walking it just feels...."heavy."  Like I said, I'm not overly concerned, but then again, it's hard to know when I should be!

I'll try and wedge a pillow under there tonight to see if that helps--I may just be pulling to one side. 

IVF #1.2: Stims start 10/8/12, ER: 10/20/12; 11R/8M/4F, 5DT: 10/25/12, transfer of a 4AA and 3AB Blast. BFP on HPT 10/31/12; Beta #1: (16 DPO) 954! Beta #2: (18 DPO) 1968! First U/S: TWINS!! A/S: TWO BOYS! EDD: 7/13/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you feel pressure during the day, maybe try something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I615Q4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I just ordered it because of some back pain. I feel stupid because I'm 17 weeks with one baby and my belly doesn't seem that big. But I figured comfort is better than feeling silly. And I'm only going to keep getting bigger, so I'll need support later.  

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options

I've had a lot of pressure and discomfort pretty much from the beginning of my pregnancy. I figured it was a mixture of normal growing pains and my cysts. Last week I realized even though I don't have much of a bump, I still am looking to get a support pillow to see if it help me during the night. I am SO uncomfortable at night that I toss and turn all night long. It's not fun, so I'm hoping a pillow can help. 

How old is your mattress? We just got a new one delivered yesterday because even though I loved my old one at one point, as soon as I got pregnant it felt like I was sleeping on a cement slab! It helped quite a bit last night (but I'm still getting a support pillow this weekend).

After talking with the ladies on here I'm also pretty confident I've got RLP as well so I'm sure that feeds into the discomfort for day and night.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHinessn:

I've had a lot of pressure and discomfort pretty much from the beginning of my pregnancy. I figured it was a mixture of normal growing pains and my cysts. Last week I realized even though I don't have much of a bump, I still am looking to get a support pillow to see if it help me during the night. I am SO uncomfortable at night that I toss and turn all night long. It's not fun, so I'm hoping a pillow can help. 

How old is your mattress? We just got a new one delivered yesterday because even though I loved my old one at one point, as soon as I got pregnant it felt like I was sleeping on a cement slab! It helped quite a bit last night (but I'm still getting a support pillow this weekend).

After talking with the ladies on here I'm also pretty confident I've got RLP as well so I'm sure that feeds into the discomfort for day and night.  

Oh, I know ALL about that RLP!  That I can easily identify since it usually stabs me when I try to roll over too quickly!  But, to answer your question we have a Tempurpedic and it's only about a year old, so I don't think that's it.  (I hope, for as much as the darn thing cost!) 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    Yes! I definitely know what you mean and feel it more when I am laying in bed. I feel like my stomach is sore from laying on it, but I have every pillow we own in bed with me! I too have to roll over and try the other side. It is a little painful when I stand up and go to the bathroom but that is also a combination of her being head down and my bladder being full. Lets just say the evenings are getting less and less comfortable and I definitely wake up achy and sore. I never mentioned it to the dr just assumed it was normal, let me know what they say!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"