3rd Trimester

Might Labor be starting??

So I have been having contractions since 5:30pm yesterday. They started 10 minutes apart then 7 min then 5 min all the way to 2 min apart. After about an hour, I time them at 7 min apart again and the same cycle starts. They are not super painful but they do hurt my lower back, pelvis area and stomach. I was close to going to the hospital since they did not stop, but I figured I?d wait until I get more pain. Don?t feel like just waiting it out at the hospital and then be crushed when they say ?it?s not time yet go home?. I slept on and off and this morning I still have them about 9 min apart. Should I just hold off until I get more intense pain? Im a FTM so have not gone through this before, but from what I hear when you?re in labor you will not question it like I am.

I decided not to call my Dr because they always tell me to go to L&D for EVERYTHING. If I call they will just tell me to come in for sure!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Might Labor be starting??

• It sounds like pre-labor. Real labor does not stop/regress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wait it out. You want to get to 5-1-1 before you even call. 5 min apart, 1 minute long for at least an hour. Otherwise you will end up being sent home. I know how annoying it is. I have been contracting since Sunday with no real pattern. It is so hard to wait!
    Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • wait until you are in a lot of pain before you go to the hospital.
  • I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago.  Try drinking lots of water.  I did call my OB and he told me that I might not have enough fluid.  After drinking water for about 30 minutes the contractions just stopped.  You will definitely know when it is time. 
  • Definitely wait.  5-1-1 is the rule but I think what's most important is a consistent labor pattern and pain.  I was 5-1-1 with DD for a long time but without pain so I didn't go in.  I started getting pain at 3-1-1 and that's when I went in.  I feel like waiting until my labor was really in full swing was better because even at 3 min apart I was only a 4.  If I had gone in when I first started contractions I may not even have been admitted.

Hang in there, it sounds like your body is getting ready!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKemare20:
    Wait. You'll know when you're in labor. You won't be able to focus or do anything. The fact that you are typing this up on your 'puter tells me you aren't ready :)

Yup 100% this

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"