July 2012 Moms

Early wake up time

So Jax used to sleep till 7 everyday the last month or so he is up between 6 and 630. I know it s still not that early but I want to make sure he is getting all the sleep he needs. So since he was sleeping 12 hours a night isn't that how much he needs? He goes to bed between 7 and 8 but its 8 most nights unless he doesn't nap well at his last nap. I don't let him sleep any later than 5 so he is up about 2 hours before bed which the doc said was fine and I only keep Jim up this long before bedtime to make sure he is nice and tired. Should I wake him up earlier from his nap or put him to bed sooner? I'm at a loss and want him to get all the sleep he needs. He isn't cranky or anything 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Early wake up time

• Maybe he doesnt need 12 hours of sleep at night anymore? I have read that 6 month old babies need 11 hours of sleep at night a little over 14 hours total, including naps. If he isn't cranky or fussy, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • His naps have shortened during the day he naps 3 Tim's a day 2 of then are just over and hour and one is usually less then an hour. That would make sense that he doesn't need as much night sleep. I guess I just didn't realize that. I thought there day naps would shorten to adjust for how total sleep they need.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"