Cloth Diapering

Prefolds and covers for older babies?

Anyone choosing to do this full time or part time for older babies in lieu of the AIO or other styles?  If so, how is it working?  What do you like or dislike?  Seems better financially, but is it realistic in terms of providing the coverage/absorbency as the baby is larger? Thanks!!

Re: Prefolds and covers for older babies?

• I have a 1 year old that I use prefolds and covers for on the weekends and nights.

Prefolds can take a lot more abuse than pockets.  I actually use my prefold and cover for my LO's overnight diaper and have only had one leak in the last week.  This was my fault, I let her sleep after I nursed her in the morning and should have changed her right away after.  But they last for 11 hours on average.

You can also add a hemp insert to boost absorbancy. 

• Oh and pros and cons:

Cons: it's a two layer system so if you snappi you need to get the prefold in place and then the cover.

Pros: I find it fool proof on the weekend. They're absorb a lot more, You have a lot of options for folds (bikini twist, angel wing, newspaper, jellyroll, pad, etc).  So you can customize it to your needs.  You don't have to stuff the pockets, And you can re-use your covers multiple times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"