March 2012 Moms

XP: Anyone's baby have "shark teeth"?

A few weeks ago, I noticed that my son had a little nub behind one of his front incisors, which I thought could possibly be a piece of that tooth. Fast forward to a few weeks later and it is most definitely not part of the first tooth, but a completely new tooth that grew in behind the first. 

I plan to bring this up with my pediatrician when we go for his 12 month checkup to see if we need to see a pediatric dentist but was just curious if anyone else had experienced this with baby teeth? If it was in an older child, did the adult tooth come in the same way? Teething has been so miserable for my poor kid, I dread anything that is going to cause any more tooth pain, even if it will be in the future.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Anyone's baby have "shark teeth"?

• When I was a kid I had 2 adult teeth start to come in before the baby teeth they were replacing fell out (they were loose but not out yet).  I've never heard of 2 baby teeth coming in in the same spot.  Maybe his teeth are just coming in really crooked (doesn't mean his adult teeth will also though).
  • imagedenaeb:
    When I was a kid I had 2 adult teeth start to come in before the baby teeth they were replacing fell out (they were loose but not out yet).  I've never heard of 2 baby teeth coming in in the same spot.  Maybe his teeth are just coming in really crooked (doesn't mean his adult teeth will also though).

I hadn't either. Everything I could find on the internet addresses when adult teeth come in and do this. If his teeth are just coming in crooked, I think he's going to have a huge gap where a tooth should be if this is actually the one that is supposed to be the next one over. This one is behind the other one, almost like dominoes and it's making the front one shove forward a little.

• Loading the player...
  • When I was 10 I had 2 extra teeth grow in from of my already Adult teeth (my incisors) They had to pull my adult teeth out and let the extra set fall into place. For you, being that these extra teeth are all baby teeth, they might just let them fall out on their own. IDK but that would be what I would think. GL. Hope your LO isn't in extra tooth pain because of this!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"