Special Needs
Options

Open Letter Thursday

write 'em
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Open Letter Thursday

• Options

Dear Chris,

Thank you for this sudden surge of affection.  I know you love us.  In my heart I know that, but it means the world to me when you show us.  Your smile and hugs are the best thing in the world.  So to quote you "thank you fooooorrrrr KISSESSSS!!!"

Love,

Mommy 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

Dear Sir B,

I know that it is hard on you that daddy is working swing shifts for these 3 months and that you don't get to see him but for a few minutes before school. I am trying to be patient with the tears and not going to sleep at night thing, I really am. Please bear with me b/c it's hard for me not to have him around in the evenings too. We will get through these months and need to keep praying that he gets back on day shift in April.

Love you smile, hate your tears,

Mama.

Dear Hubbys Job,

Thanks so much for promoting DH to Sargent, he has been waiting for 5 yrs now. However, and I am sorry to appear ungrateful, putting him on swing shift has wrecked HAVOC with our family. You do know what we deal with on a daily basis right? One kiddo with ADHD and mild depression since he has gotten old enough to truly understand that his little bro died almost 5yrs ago. And the other kiddo with FX, autism, ADHD and seizures who is non-verbal. We need daddy home in the evenings.

Many Thanks,

Mrs Miller.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dear Preschool,

Can you ever just give me 1 good report on my DS?  1 good moment he had at school?  Does every single thing you write on his behavior chart have to be negative?  Give me something so I can praise him at home and build upon that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dear DW's big boss,

DW's GM took the entire weekend off last weekend for a Zumba conference and you didn't say a thing, this is the person you are supposedly keeping a close eye on because she keeps messing up, remember? DW is taking Saturday and Sunday off next weekend for our DD's birthday and her grandmas mass and you send an email questioning why, I don't get you... DW has been dedicating herself to the work more than to our family for the past 3 years, give her a break because she is about to quit.

Scared to lose our only income,

The wife
  • Options

Dear SLP therapist,

Thank you for validation today! Not only in recognizing possible spectrum/SPD issues with my DD when we were talking and giving me some tips for now including "no matter what diagnosis you are given or not given, S is still S" but also for "I didn't want to say anything to offend your mom" oh thank you for this converstation - I am not crazy, she does need to be corrected in ways and I know you will figure out how to help me do this!!!! Thank you a million times over and over! Today meant so much to me and DD; especially today. Also thank you for your pendind OT reccomendation when you are allowed to after 3 month eval at the end of March if needed.

Thankful mom

Dear random other message board poster,

Do not laugh at someone in any way for any circumstance when they bring up an autism subject and you know they are talking about their own child! How dare you and yes I went to them (both of them) privatly at the end of the day.

Pissed off mom

Dear SN board/members,

Thank you for existing - I have a couple long distance friends to turn to right now and an SLP....not my folks yet. They are going to sadly need a label in order to start to listen and doing this on my own is really hard, the loving isn't hard, but trying to parent my child and her emotions and particular needs is really hard to do with no partner or family support right now..so thanks for answering questions, understanding, and existing.

Grieving and tired mom

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"