3rd Trimester

Anyone else feeling like they just could not handle another pregnancy?

DH and I have always said that we would play it by ear when it came to how many kids we had. I am beginning to feel very strongly that my body would not be able to do this a third time. I carried my first low and this one is even lower and the pressure is just awful and causing me all sorts of issues. I am just not willing to risk doing damage to myself in order to have a third kid. Anyone else feeling like this one may be your last?

image image

Re: Anyone else feeling like they just could not handle another pregnancy?

• This is my first pregnancy and I'm saddened by how much I hate being pregnant. I don't want to do this again but we'll see what happens in a few yrs
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • i too really wanted a 3rd but this pregnancy is exhausting and much tougher and i just don't think i could do it again. i would at least wait until my next child is older, like 3 bc the strain of having a baby under 2 is exhausting to say the least
  • Loading the player...
  • Me.  This is my 4th and I just feel old this time.  Surprisingly though my 3rd was the easiest pregnancy I have had.  I think it is because DD#2 was almost 10 lbs, and then my next son was over a lb lighter.  Maybe there is hope for you with a 3rd and maybe it will turn out that this baby you are carrying now is just a big baby!
  • We had always planned on two but after my first we really questioned being done. I have Hyperemesis with my pregnancies, which is really severe morning sickness, and this time had to go on home health care with daily IV fluids through a PICC line that was surgically placed in my arm. All of that while trying to either care for my toddler or finding childcare was so horrible. I couldn't eat or drink anything for two weeks (literally, I was only getting fluids through IV and zero food) which hurt my body a lot and caused me to lose a huge amount of weight. Through all of that I got depressed because I couldn't get off of the couch or do pretty much anything by myself. This pregnancy was unplanned which was really shocking since it took so long to get pregnant the first time and I'm really glad it was because I didn't have to make the choice to get pregnant again. After this baby comes out my husband will be getting a vasectomy and we will be 100% done. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not having any more babies. I have zero desire to ever do this again. 
  • I feel the same way. I just don't think I can do it again. I've been pregnant for practically two years and over it. I'm sad because I always assumed I would have al daughter one day. We will wait until Ds2 is 3 before  deciding for sure, but I'm really looking forward to feeling like me again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageshibby00:
    I'm not having any more babies. I have zero desire to ever do this again. 

Me too! My first pregnancy was wonderful, the second was tough, but this one is just kicking my @ss. We are done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• We have been talking about having 4. This is my 2nd and it has been a pretty easy pregnancy...up until now. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. We are putting it into God's hands and His plans for us.
  • This has been my hardest pregnancy, and I'm old now. I think 3 is the magic number for us. I want to feel like me again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes! I am 36 weeks and people are asking me when we would have a second baby... (Which drives me crazy because I am still pregnant!) But honestly I dont know if I want to be pregnant again. Its hard and I dont enjoy it. Which is sad, I really thought I would love being pregnant. Many of my friends around me have said they loved being pregnant, I just dont feel that way. However, I do LOVE feeling his little movements  in me. I really enjoy that. 
  • Smilewe are definitely 2 and through! Pregnancy for me is so uncomfortable towards the end. I am a petite person and the baby literally runs outta room. Also, the toddler stage is not for me so I am glad to only be doing that one more time as well.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I find that by the time I want another baby I have forgotten what this stage of pregnancy feels like. Same with labor.  After I have a baby I tell myself I am never doing it again, but about 16 months later I get the fever and tell myself it wasn't that bad at all.

• My first two pregnancies were almost a dream compared to this. DH and I often joke that this time I'm "really pregnant", especially when compared to my previous experiences. I have been SOOO uncomfortable since about 24 weeks and ready for this to be over with.

When I first got my BFP, DH and I had been talking about having 4 so when DH said he wanted to stop at 3 I was so upset and had a hard time processing it. I did, eventually, and now I'm feeling just fine with 3, because I don't want to do this again. No permanent decisions yet, want to give ourselves time to really think about it, but... yeah, I think we're done.

I didn't feel this way with my first two. I was glad for the break after delivering my second, of course. 2 pregnancies in 2 years can wear you down, but they were both such easy pregnancies... 

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image+adamwife+:
    I find that by the time I want another baby I have forgotten what this stage of pregnancy feels like. Same with labor.  After I have a baby I tell myself I am never doing it again, but about 16 months later I get the fever and tell myself it wasn't that bad at all.

This is me exactly, and how I am ending up with 4 kids.  Seriously, the end result is so much greater than all of the ails of pregnancy combined.  The older my kids get, the more I am in love with them.

• DONE
  • Yes, this is surely my last. I never wanted more than 2 anyway, so the decision has been easy. The first pregnancy was much easier. This one has not been terrible, I'm just not interested in doing it again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• There is a reason that my children will be almost 8 years apart! I hate HATE being pregnant. There was no way I was ready to do this again after 2-3 years like "most" people. I don't think we will have any more children. In 8 years, I will be 42. So by the time I'm ready again I'll be AMA and I don't think I want to add ANOTHER challenge. 
    Daughter E 08/31/2005
    Little Sister on the Way 04/23/2013
  • I always wanted to stop at two anyway, but this pregnancy is so much harder than the first if only because it is hard to get down and play with a toddler once the belly starts to get big.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We're done, done, done.  No need to discuss the matter further.  Pretty sure my husband knows not to ask me for another one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I was pg with my 2nd, I never got the feeling I was done. DH was fine with 2, but I just wasn't sure. I got pg unexpectedly with 3, and now I feel done. I don't really want to go through another pregnancy, and I don't love the newborn stage.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageRussianMommy:
    This is my first pregnancy and I'm saddened by how much I hate being pregnant. I don't want to do this again but we'll see what happens in a few yrs

I feel the SAME way.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageshibby00:
    I'm not having any more babies. I have zero desire to ever do this again. 

this! this! this! 1 million times over.... 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • DH and I have always talked about having 2. This is our first and I have no idea what people are talking about when they say they love pregnancy and that it is beautiful. I hate being tired and sick all the time. I am beyond excited and know its all worth it but maybe one little princess will be enough. No permanent measures of birth control will be taken any time soon tho. We are both young and who knows how we will feel in a few years!
    Trying To Conceive Since October 2010 October 2010 BFP :) -> November 2010 M/C @ 7weeks Clomid Cycle #1 July 2011 = BFN Clomid Cycle #2 September 2011 = BFN Clomid Cycle #3 November 2011 = BFN Letrazole Cycle #1 = January 2012 = BFN HSG February 2012- Growths in uterus both tubes open D&C March 2012- Remove Polyps SURPRISE BFP-August 15 2012 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We thought we would want 4-6 kids, but since I had HG and some other issues, I really don't want to do it again. This is only my first, but I'm done. DH wants one more, so we will think about it again in 5-6 years...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Never. Again.  This is our first. This is our last. I'm 37 and this was a total surprise to me and DH. But we can't wait to see him nonetheless. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"