Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Soy Formula and Constipation

Anyone else's LO on Soy formula and have had constipation? They just switched my LO to soy a couple days ago and she grunted for about 30 minutes tonight and only had a smudge before falling asleep.  

I had heard Soy could cause constipation.  Should I give her some prune juice? If she continues on Soy how can I keep her from getting constipated??

Thanks 

Re: Soy Formula and Constipation

• DD#1 was on soy formula. She had major constipation issues. We had to add dark Karo syrup to every bottle. When she started on solids and juices she ate a lot of prunes and pears. She still has constipation issues (well, more like she tries to hold it) now. Good luck. It sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We switched to soy and it took her a few days to go at first. Our pedi said not to worry if she didn't seem uncomfortable then she could go a week without pooping as long as it wasn't hard.  But of course I worried about it!  It was concerning in the beginning because she was not pooping the same amount as before- it was a lot less- but I think it was because it was being digested better.  She seemed to grunt a lot also, but she's grown out of that, so I think it was an age thing.  She's been fine and been on it for a couple months.  Sometimes we give her gas drops and those seem to help move things along, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I just don't want her to be in pain grunting like that! Of course..  I'll see how it goes.  Still not sure if soy is the best for her.  Waiting to see how she does after 1 week.  Thanks
  • It took about 2 weeks before everything seemed to even out with my DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"