Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Confused and anxious

Hey ladies. So I went for an ultrasound yesterday 9w5d and my doctor called with the results saying they didn't find the heartbeat. She said this could be normal because sometimes you don't see it early. She sent me for bloodwork to check my hcg levels, which I just found out have gone up, which is positive. Now I'm going for another u/s on Tuesday and I'm so nervous, I don't know whether to be positive or brace myself for the worst. Doc said there is no reason to not find the heartbeat at over 10 weeks, and if not will likely miscarry. Any insight or similar experiences? This is my first pregnancy and I'm nervous :s

Re: Confused and anxious

• No experience with this .... but thoughts and prayers for good news.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Was it an abdominal ultrasound or transvaginal? It seems like you should be able to see the HB by then but you might have a tilted uterus or something that might make it more difficult. I hope you get good news on Tuesday. Sending T&P your way.

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageSA1112:
    Was it an abdominal ultrasound or transvaginal? It seems like you should be able to see the HB by then but you might have a tilted uterus or something that might make it more difficult. I hope you get good news on Tuesday. Sending Tamp;P your way.

I was wondering the same thing about which type of us you had. And I agree that the HB can usually be seen earlier..like 7 weeks I think...but like PP said maybe it was too difficult to see and get a good HB reading.

Hoping for good news! TP sent to you!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• They did both abdominal and transvaginal. Im trying to stay positive but its so hard!
  • Since you are here I assume you're looking for honest answers to prepare yourself. You will not find happy stories here.

By 7 weeks a heartbeat should be located by TV, and certainly by 9 weeks. Two things could be going on you're much earlier than you thought, in which case baby should be smaller/ less developed, or you have had a missed miscarriage and your body has not yet realized the fetus has stopped developing.

Many women on the loss boards, myself included, have had a M/MC. I know it's very difficult to find out about loss with no signs that anything is wrong. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• I hope this doesn't come off as flippant because I do know your pain.  My best advice is to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Married 11/11/11
    BFP 8/28/12 US 9/20/12 HB 120 US 10/01/12 no HB
    BFP 12/21/12 US 01/21/13 Blighted Ovum
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"