2nd Trimester
Options

Low Placenta at 20 weeks

Hello ladies,

I am 20 weeks and had my a/s today. They said that I had a low placenta. They told me not to worry that as the uterus expands it should move up. Has anyone experienced this? And if so what was your birth outcome? 

On a brighter note I am TEAM PINK!! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Low Placenta at 20 weeks

• Options

Yup.  When I was pregnant with DD, I had a low lying placenta at 20 weeks.  It was still on the low side, but had moved up by 28 weeks. By 32 it was fine.

I delivered vaginally at 38 weeks, with no complications.  It's too early to worry about it.  As long as it's not placenta previa it will probably move up.

Are they doing a follow up ultrasound to check on the placenta's location?

Congratulations!  Girls are awesome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am exactly the same, 20 wks and a girl. I posted about this yesterday....they had told me to avoid sex which can cause bleeding and heavy lifting. I am going to question this more at apt Friday. Were you given restrictions?  I think it will correct itself and be fine. I go back in 5 weeks for another US.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thankx ladies. I will be having another u/s at 32 weeks. Haven't been able to talk about it with my OB yet, but will at next weeks appointment. He may give me some restictions. Can't see how sex can change it much, will have to ask about that.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My good friend is trying for a VBAC and had this situation in her current pregnancy...at her 32 week checkup (2 weeks ago) the placenta had migrated upward and she was cleared to try for the VBAC :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Same thing at my 19w2d appt on Friday. The ultrasound tech said I may need another ultrasound at the end to see if it moved, as they typically do. He said if not, I will need a c-section. I had my OB appt. immediately following, and she didn't even bring it up! Obviously freaked out, I asked if I would need another ultrasound and she basically said no. She made it seem as though it was very common this early and not to worry. No restrictions or anything. I am really hoping for a natural birth and praying it moves up. Trying not to stress about it.

Congrats on the girl!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thankx. I too am hoping for an all natural birth. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am just a few days further along than you are, and was told 2-3 weeks ago I have placenta previa where it is covering the cervix. They told me it would likely move up and I go back tomorrow for another anatomy scan and to check on the placenta... In the meantime, I've been a bit paranoid about every little cramp and have made an extra effort to be nice to my body. The stuff I read about the risks didn't help.
  • Options

Thankx for sharing. I would love to hear about your scan tomorrow. Good luck :)

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"