Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro and Question

My name is Lindsey. DH and I have been TTGP since August 2012, and I finally got my first BFP this Saturday (1/26). I started having some brown spotting, so my dr did a 48 hour blood test to check my levels. My level only went up 1 point since Monday morning, and I have started bright red, heavy bleeding, so it has been confirmed that this is not a viable pregnancy.

The dr didn't say anything about wanting a follow-up appointment, to check levels or make sure things are cleared out, and that seems weird to me.  I did not think to ask questions while on the phone with my dr, and plan on calling back tomorrow, but I thought I would ask here just to get some information. 

Any advice or personal stories would be very helpful. Thanks so much.

TTC #1 since August 2012 BFP #1- 1/26/13 EDD- 10/1/13 CP- 1/30/13

Re: Intro and Question

• Im sorry for your loss. Sounds like a chemical pregnancy, I dont have any experience with that but there are a lot of helpful ladies on this board. I would give your doctors office a call tomorrow, I know how overwhelming it can be when youre on the phone. Take care of yourself. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • I am sorry that you have to join us here. I'd definitely call the doc for a f/up appt to answer your questions if I was in your position. Take care.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for what you're going through! 

I think because your loss is so early, and you're having heavy bleeding without medication to bring it on, there's likely no need to keep checking levels or if things have cleared.  Levels are usually only checked ongoing after a miscarriage if it hasn't happened naturally, is prolonged, or there's been a D&C/surgery or some sort of other medical intervention in order to move things along.  

You're not much past when you'd normally get your period anyways I'm guessing, if you just got your BFP?  Generally this early there wouldn't even be much of anything to see in terms of if you're 'cleared out', just a lining that you're obviously and thankfully shedding naturally.  But you'll probably get more info from your doctor if you call tomorrow, I'm just going off of what I've seen and read here with regards to early loss.  Good luck!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• So sorry!! My first miscarriage began naturally at 8 weeks, but I took Cytotec as well.  My doctor did not do a follow up appointment but did follow my levels back down to 0 over a three week period.  He wanted to make sure they dropped to be sure everything had passed.  Hope this helps and again sorry for your pain, unfortunately I'm familiar.  
    Married 11/11/11
    BFP 8/28/12 US 9/20/12 HB 120 US 10/01/12 no HB
    BFP 12/21/12 US 01/21/13 Blighted Ovum
  • imagelek0820:

My name is Lindsey. DH and I have been TTGP since August 2012, and I finally got my first BFP this Saturday (1/26). I started having some brown spotting, so my dr did a 48 hour blood test to check my levels. My level only went up 1 point since Monday morning, and I have started bright red, heavy bleeding, so it has been confirmed that this is not a viable pregnancy.

The dr didn't say anything about wanting a follow-up appointment, to check levels or make sure things are cleared out, and that seems weird to me.  I did not think to ask questions while on the phone with my dr, and plan on calling back tomorrow, but I thought I would ask here just to get some information. 

Any advice or personal stories would be very helpful. Thanks so much.

I am sorry for your loss.  Do you know what your HcG level was when tested at the dr? With my c/p, they saw a decrease from 69 mIU/mI to 32
    mIU/mI (which is when they stated I may start bleeding which I did the next day).  They followed me down to 4mIU/mI before they stated I could begin TTC again if I was ready next cycle. HTH

ETA: HcG level specifics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • They didn't say exactly what my levels were and I didn't ask because I wasn't thinking straight. She just said they didn't double like they were supposed to, and pretty much stayed the same. I will have to ask when I call back in the morning. 

Thanks for all of your kind words. I never knew I could get so attached to something after 5 short days.  

TTC #1 since August 2012 BFP #1- 1/26/13 EDD- 10/1/13 CP- 1/30/13
  • So sorry for your loss :(  I would follow-up with your doctor anyway .... if in doubt, call and make an appt.  Thoughts & prayers.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"