Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Heartbroken

Apparently I am part of the small percentage of women that were able to see a strong, healthy heartbeat at 8 weeks and less than 2 weeks later find no heartbeat at all. I should have been more scared when the slight brown spotting came on Saturday, but didn't think much of it. My doc wasn't in today so all I know is I have u/s pics of a healthy baby and now I'm carrying it for nothing. Going to see doc tomorrow, assuming I will get more info on what happens next. Feel like I'm in limbo. How long do they take to schedule a DC if that's the next step? I feel so lost....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Married 9/18/10
TTC 1/1/12
BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Heartbroken

• I am so sorry for your loss. I was able to have my D and C scheduled the next day. Again, sorry you are going through this. A lot of us are in the same boat and can help answer any questions you may have.

imageimage

• Im sorry for your loss. I was able to schedule a D&c the next day when I called. You do have other options though. Hang in there and talk to your OB tomorrow. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
  • I'm so sorry for what you're going through!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Thanks so much to you all. Glad to know I'm not alone. How long should I be out of work for a DC? I want this over as soon as possible but not sure how much time I need to take off for physical healing.

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12

• So sorry for your loss.

As PP mentioned, there are other options besides a D&C, I am sure your doctor will talk to you about them tomorrow.

But if you do have a D&C, it's physically pretty easy. I think I had mine a Tuesday afternoon and was back to work Thursday morning. In hindsight, I probably wasn't mentally ready to return to work, but physically I was fine. 

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Thanks for your response. I think I'm hoping for the DC so it will be out of sightout of mind. I am already so devastated but I cannot fathom having to pass everything at home alone. I want this over ASAP.

Thank you for the support. Truly appreciated.

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12

• imageMrs+Hebert:
    Thanks for your response. I think I'm hoping for the DC so it will be out of sightout of mind. I am already so devastated but I cannot fathom having to pass everything at home alone. I want this over ASAP. Thank you for the support. Truly appreciated.

Totally understandable! Those are valid reasons for choosing the D&C, just wanted to make sure you knew that D&Cs aren't your only option.

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• I am so sorry for your loss :(  Thoughts & prayers .....

I was originally told to wait 2 weeks and then they'd do a repeat ultrasound.  I called the day after that and told them I couldn't wait that long.  They moved it up a week.  They did the u/s last Thursday and scheduled my D&C that afternoon.  I felt completely lost and in limbo that week I was waiting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Same thing happened to me. D and C was next day. I had 2 periods and I'm pregnant again and currently taking progesterone Rx daily. I would talk to your doctor about this option. I'm so sorry for your loss but keep your head up. It gets better.
  • Is it usually easier to get pregnant the second time around? It took us a year to conceive this one, and I'm scared to death it will take as long again. I used a digital opk and it seemed to work last time, but I wonder if all of the hormones will render it not useful for a few months. It also seems strange to go back to the intimacy we had before without the loss in my mind. Does it get easier with time?

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12

• Hi. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm right here with you. At 8 weeks my baby had a very strong heart beat. Then, at my 11 week visit the baby only measured 9 weeks and the baby had no heart beat. My doctor was sooo supportive and helpful. She scheduled my D&C for 2 days later. That was 2 weeks ago today. This is the hardest thing my husband and I have ever faced. We're praying God will bless us with lots of little ones to fill up our house someday soon! 
  • So sorry for your loss. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I was in the same small percentage (saw HB at 7 weeks, then nothing at 13 weeks) so I can relate to how shocked you are.

I was in limbo for a week and a half...mostly because I had some spotting the day after the appointment and figured I was going to m/c on my own and I was just going to let my body do what is needed to. This didn't happen and I had a D&E last Friday. It gave me closure, it's helping me move past this and I'm just now starting to think about TTC again (when we're given the ok from the doctor)

I hope they can get you in for your D&C as soon as you're ready.

((hugs))

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• So sorry for your loss...our stories are similar in that they were able to find a healthy heartbeat at 8 wks and then at our 12 wk check-up were told they couldn't find the heart tones...worst day of our lives.  I opted for a natural M/C, but many women are able to schedule their D&Cs soon after they find out.  You also can opt for medicine-induced M/C.  So you have options out there.  Just take your time deciding which is best for you.  None of this is easy.  I truly feel for you!  Thoughts and prayers...
    MrS. tHeRiOt
  • Thanks to all and so sorry for your losses as well. Just went to the OB and she did make me feel a little better, not about the present but hopeful for the future. I can't get in for DC until Monday, so I guess I'll have a glass of wine and hope nothing happens before then. Because it took so long for us to conceive in the first place, she is running some extra blood tests to make sure there isn't something else going on. For now, I wait. Thanks to all of you for being so supportive without knowing me. Your answers are much more comforting than anyone that hasn't been through this.

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board