Stay at Home Moms

Does this bug anyone else?? Totally random!!

I hate when things (food, services, whatever) geared towards kids are mis-spelled all in the name of being cutesy. For example there is a daycare in my area called Krayon Kampus. Also at restaurants sometimes I'll see the kids menu called something like Kids Klub. It drives me nutty (and has since I was able to spell!!). Like I said, it's random! Lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does this bug anyone else?? Totally random!!

• Yes, it just looks stupid. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would't say it bugs me but I think it's silly. I mean, why not just spell the word correctly? I'm not going to think Mac and Cheez tastes better than Mac and Cheese.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Weird I was just thinking about this today.  It drives me nuts too.  I was looking for some lunch containers for the kids and one of them said 'konserve' on it in big letters.  Ew.
  • Yes! My husband.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate it too.  I've actually chosen not to use various services over it.  If you can't be professional enough to spell correctly, you will not see me there.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Actually, sometimes this is for copyright purposes. At least that's what I remember from school. You can't easily copyright words that are in general, everyday use. (Hence: Froot Loops, not Fruit Loops as another example besides yours.)

ETA: What was I thinking? I meant trademark, not copyright! And seeing as how it appears most people don't know this, I need to search and see if I am right. 
  • I get irrationally angry when I see ANYTHING marketed/named with misspellings - Hom Furniture and Kum n Go being at the top of my list. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It doesn't really bother me, but yes, I think its kind of stupid.

• Yes, but not enough for me to boycott businesses that choose to have the silly spellings.
  • imageletranger:
    Ha totally bugs me. Especially daycares I always considered them sub par.

Me, too. A friends goes to a Kidz Kondo and I have to bite my tongue. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageCherryblossoms07:
    Yes, but not enough for me to boycott businesses that choose to have the silly spellings.

This. I think it's silly but not boycott worthy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Eh, it doesn't really bother me. I rarely pay much attention to it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It doesn't really bother me, but I can see how it would bug you! I guess I've never really stopped to think about it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's one of my biggest pet peeves when things are misspelled in the name of being creative or catchy or whatever.  
  • It doesn't bother me, I just think its creative marketing.  However I could see where it would irk you.

What bothers me are when businesses misspell their products, it makes me think that they aren't very good.

Also acronym text messages used by kids under 18, like this really bad one:

g2g cuz im l8 cyl = Got to go because I'm late.  See you later. 

They are still learning the English language and proper conversation etiquette.  I feel this encourages poor grammar.

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It does me.  I want my kids to learn to spell correctly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes! It drives me bonkers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"