Babies: 3 - 6 Months

circumcision after hospital

just got my little guy circumsized at 3.5 months old (had some issues in hospital so they wanted to wait to do it)..he got it done on monday and has been peeing all his outfits! im going through 4-5 outfits a day which is fine but im wondering if others that had their baby circumsized later on had the same issue?  im putting the diaper on the usual way too.

Re: circumcision after hospital

• Ds1 was circ'd around 2 months and Ds2 earlier so I'm not in the exact same boat as you but they did not have any issues with peeing through diapers and clothes. 

Could it be just a coincidence that your LO has to move up a diaper size?  Is there a nurses line you could call?

• Is it happening because you aren't putting his diaper on as tight while he heals, so he's peeing out the top?  Are you putting the gauze over the circumcised area still?  That should help prevent the pee from "shooting" as much.

LOL, little boys and their peeing is super fun. Stick out tongue

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you pointing it down when you diaper him?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagexxbabycakesxx:

Ds1 was circ'd around 2 months and Ds2 earlier so I'm not in the exact same boat as you but they did not have any issues with peeing through diapers and clothes. 

Could it be just a coincidence that your LO has to move up a diaper size?  Is there a nurses line you could call?

This is me exactly.

OP, do you mean that he's peeing when his penis is exposed more? If so, could it be that since the skin that was there is gone now, he is colder, and he pees more? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Make sure when you put his diaper on, he is pointing down. Keeping the ruffles of the diapers out also helps. My DS will leak if his diaper is already wet. I just went up a size because he would poop and it would go up his back. It has gotten better since we switched to a bigger size.
  • i dont think he needs to go up a diaper size but i will check the next size out.  i just changed him and put his pee pee down so hopefully that will work.  im not putting his diaper super tight but i dont think its loose enough that it should be leaking. no gauze - just vaseline on the diaper as per doctor... we didnt have this problem before the surgery so we will see! thanks for your help :)   i might call the doctor tomorrow just to see what he says!
  • imageNBiancamano:
    i dont think he needs to go up a diaper size but i will check the next size out.nbsp; i just changed him and put his pee pee down so hopefully that will work.nbsp; im not putting his diaper super tight but i dont think its loose enough that it should be leaking. no gauze just vaseline on the diaper as per doctor... we didnt have this problem before the surgery so we will see! thanks for your help :nbsp;nbsp; i might call the doctor tomorrow just to see what he says!

It's the vaseline on the diaper. It prevents the diaper from absorbing the pee. Just put a little dab on the tip of his penis instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you put vaseline on him it should help with absorbing the pee and keep him clean. I hope he heals soon....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    imageNBiancamano:
    i dont think he needs to go up a diaper size but i will check the next size out.nbsp; i just changed him and put his pee pee down so hopefully that will work.nbsp; im not putting his diaper super tight but i dont think its loose enough that it should be leaking. no gauze just vaseline on the diaper as per doctor... we didnt have this problem before the surgery so we will see! thanks for your help :nbsp;nbsp; i might call the doctor tomorrow just to see what he says!
    It's the vaseline on the diaper. It prevents the diaper from absorbing the pee. Just put a little dab on the tip of his penis instead.

OP, how much vaseline are you putting?  I had to do just vaseline, no gauze, and both my boys never leaked after being circ'd.  And are you putting the vaseline on the penis?  or smearing it all over the front of the diaper?  If you're putting it all over the front, then yes the diaper cannot absorb any pee.

Oh and is the diaper actually full of pee and then hes still leaking?  Or is he leaking and the diaper is pretty empty? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"