October 2011 Moms

Breathing treatments

OMG... Do any of you have experience with these? DS has pneumonia and we are on day 3 of treatment. He just flips out every time! I am doing the best I can, but we never make it through a whole treatment. Any tips?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Breathing treatments

• Are you using a nebulizer? If so, can try to distract him by giving him something to play with or allowing him to watch something on tv?

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • I had to do them with my older ds. It was a two person job. After the first couple minutes they made him sleepy though and he quit struggling.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • When DS was on a nebulizer both DH and I would work together to get it done. One would hold him and distract him with toys, singing, etc. while the other held the mouthpiece in front of his face. I hope your LO gets over the pneumonia soon so you can stop with the neb treatments.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks y'all! It's rough! MH had a hard time with the hysterics at first, but he helped again tonight. Definitely easier with 2 people! So far none of our distractions have helped, but we'll keep trying! I hope he gets better soon too! This is his first "real" sickness and I feel so bad!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • All I can say is good luck...  We had to do this with B for about a week.  Torture. 

The biggest help was timing her treatments so that the majority of them were given while she was sleeping.  I would go in her room, move her over the side of the crib and just hold the nebulizer in front of her face.

• Bees-- I never thought of that!  I might try the sneak it in while he's sleeping technique!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"