Cloth Diapering
Options

Newbie questions

Question 1: I bought a used cloth diaper that was washed in Tide.  I know that alot of people use Tide for their cloth diapers but I am wanting to use Rockin Green or Laundry Tarts (cloth diaper specific detergent).  How do I "strip" the diaper of the build-up that will be on it already?  And is this necessary?

Question 2: I have a front load HE washing machine.  I have read in previous posts about cleaning out the buildup with vinegar and baking soda.  I am wondering if it is necessary to run a solution through the washing machine on the wash cyle so that it cleans more than just the drum on the inside of the machine?    

Thank you in advance!

Re: Newbie questions

• Options

1) Not really. I'd just wash it once in the detergent of your choice. I'll say it one more time though: Rockin Green is trash. Use Laundry Tarts instead.

2) Your FL should have a "basket clean" cycle. If you want to clean the basket, use that. Add whatever floats your boat for cleaner - bleach works well, as would vinegar. I wouldn't use vinegar and baking soda at the same time, as that will make a cool volcano that is chemically totally neutral.

• Options

1) No experience here. I use Tide HE powder for my diapers with no issues.

2) My FL does not have a basket clean cycle. I actually didn't even know I was supposed to clean it. I've been cloth diapering DD2 at night for about a month now with no problems, and I have not cleaned my washer.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1) I have no experience with this.

2) I use Affresh. My machine actually has an Affresh cycle. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"