I am a 1st time mom, and I gave birth to my daughter on November 9, 2012 @ 9:32pm. My due date was set for November 13, but I ended up delivering at 39 weeks, 4 days due to my dr being worried about my blood pressure. After my dr's appt. on November 8, I was admitted into the hospital due to constant high BP. It was 152/110 that day so my dr told me she was admitting me right then and there. The dr had been worried about my BP for a while and kept a constant watch on it but this time it was too high and my dr was getting worried. Come to find out, I had preeclampsia. My labor was induced at 6:00am with Pitocin on November 9, and I was in labor with my daughter for 15 1/2 hrs, in which 1 of those hours I was under epidural. My birth plan was to have a natural birth and not have meds, but the pain was so unbearable I decided to go ahead with the meds. The epidural didn't take too well to me or my daughter. It made my BP decrease way too low and my daughter's heart rate decrease lower than normal also (which this happened twice with me under the epidural). They were very worried about this and one of the dr's was talking to me about possibly having a c-section (this wasn?t my dr, by the way, but she had come to check on me since my dr had an emergency c-section delivery occurring at that moment). They got my daughter's heart rate back to normal but were afraid of her heart rate lowering again and if that happened I was going to have to have an emergency c-section. I told my nurse to take my off of the epidural immediately as they began to start the procedures to prep me to possibly have a c-section in case I had to deliver via that procedure. I hated being on the epidural because my body felt dead, no movement, and I did not like that feeling at all, plus it slowed the process of my contractions. Within 30 min the epidural had worn off and I could feel my body getting its life back and I could feel my contractions occurring again. I didn't want a c-section and wanted to deliver my baby vaginally so I waited on my dr to come and give me my options. After my dr came to check in on me, she checked my cervix which was only 9 1/2 cm dilated after she had broken my water at 8:00am that morning and it was only around 6:45pm. She said my baby girl wasn?t descending anymore, that she made her way down only a little ways and stopped. She then told me I can try and push my daughter out at 9 1/2 cm or go ahead and have a c-section because my daughter was not moving down much anymore. My dr said I very well can have my daughter vaginally if I wanted to go that route, it would just cause for tons of pushing. So I pushed!!! 2 1/2 hours of pushing and my daughter was born! It was scary with all that was happening and with this being my 1st pregnancy, but I thank God for the blessing of having a healthy baby girl!