March 2013 Moms

What are your pet peeves? Big or small let's hear them all!

Let's hear it ladies, what things drive you bonkers no matter how small or stupid it may seem.

1. Not refilling the ice cube trays once they are down to almost empty.

2. Not replacing the toilet paper once its gone.

3. Having the toilet paper fold on the underside instead of over the top, drives me nuts and I MUST "fix" it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

4. I never, ever make our bed when I get up in the morning, but before I go to bed I have to make it before I crawl in.  Something about having knotted up sheets and blankets and having to blindly readjust in the middle of the night makes me sleep like crap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are your pet peeves? Big or small let's hear them all!

• I have a few (I've been compared to Monica from Friends on more than one occasion!), but the one thing that's been annoying the crap out of me lately is when people leave cabinets and drawers open. DH is NOTORIOUS for this and it makes me crazy. You open a cabinet to take out a glass, you close it, what is so freaking hard about that?? Smile
  • I totally agree with 1-4! Especially since I'm addicted to ice right now, and reaching under to get the TP is SO annoying with this big belly in the way.

I also really want to punch the women who ask me to get up on the commuter train so they can get to the inner seat when there are tons of other seats that do not involve asking a very pregnant lady to unwedge herself from those tight rows! Actually, I could make a really really long list of gripes I have with people's behavior on the subway/commuter train.  Can't wait until next week when I start working from home! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The under vs over on the TP always drives me crazy too! Also when my DH refuses to put the pillows back on the couch after removing them to sit down. I even bought a big basket for him to set them in and he still tosses them on the floor! Ugh. Not picking up after yourself also is a major peeve!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageamberdanielle68845:
    4. I never, ever makenbsp;our bed when I get up in the morning, but before I go to bed I have to make it before I crawl in.nbsp; Something about having knotted up sheets and blankets and having to blindly readjust in the middle of the night makes me sleep like crap.

THIS! I cannot sleep in out bed if the covers are a mess. My husband tends to destroy the bed while he sleeps. I've actually woken him up in the middle of the night so I could remake the bed. Crazy I know, but I just can't deal.
  • imagekimba1976:
    I have a few (I've been compared to Monica from Friends on more than one occasion!), but the one thing that's been annoying the crap out of me lately is when people leave cabinets and drawers open. DH is NOTORIOUS for this and it makes me crazy. You open a cabinet to take out a glass, you close it, what is so freaking hard about that?? Smile

Right!

Why?

I just dont get it!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1) TP should be over not under, I am in total agreement with you here.

2) Posts where someone is asking for us to make a decision for them. Advice is one thing but why do you need to ask if you should return something to the store? Can't you just do that yourself?

3) People that post and are obviously spoiled, self entitled, and/or completley narcissistic.... especially because they tend to be so clueless that they have said traits.

4) And last but certainly not least.... ALL of the typos and errors I make on my phone when posting or writing anything. Drives me bonkers because it just looks sloppy and lazy to me. 

• 1. When women get pee on a toilet seat and then do not wipe it. Why should the next person have to clean up your mess?

2. When I order food and the kitchen messes it up. It really should not be that difficult to get it right when the order is written down in front of them! 

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• imageNBBride05:

1. When women get pee on a toilet seat and then do not wipe it. Why should the next person have to clean up your mess?

2. When I order food and the kitchen messes it up. It really should not be that difficult to get it right when the order is written down in front of them! 

I have to add to your last item: when the waiter doesn't write the order down, and then they have to come back and ask for a reminder on what you ordered. Um, use that pad and pencil next time instead of trying to impress us with your awesome powers of memory???

AND, when you go to a restaurant and they ask you if you have ever dined there before. No, but I know how this works - I order food, and you bring it to the table. This is a huge peeve for DH too! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.When people go to the gym and park in the no parking zones/fire zones just because they are closer to the front doors than the parking spaces.  Really?! You are going to the gym to work out and get exercise, yet you cannot walk a bit futher from a designated parking spot.

2. Cab drivers.  In our area, they do whatever they want. Whenever they want. 

3. Cyclist who choose between following the rules of the road and then switching to doing whatever benefits them. They complain about how cars wont share the road, but refuse to obey the rules of the road. For example, a four way stop. They just drive through. They do not stop and wait their turn like the cars have to.  Or,  if the light is red and the car has to stop regardles, the biker can just decide to go if the traffic in other directions is clear.  Don't get me wrong, I do not mind sharing the road, if they are obeying by the same rules I have to.

• My boyfriend does 2 things that drive me crazy!

He turns his empty beer cans upside down and leaves them in the sink.  He also throws his tea bags in the sink every morning when he makes iced tea to take to work.  .....then he just leaves them for days.   I have actually left the stuff there just to see how many beer cans/tea bags can accumulate. 

Really????  BOTH of those can easily be thrown in the trash bin.

• imageCBomback:
    imageNBBride05:

1. When women get pee on a toilet seat and then do not wipe it. Why should the next person have to clean up your mess?

I have to add to your last item: when the waiter doesn't write the order down, and then they have to come back and ask for a reminder on what you ordered. Um, use that pad and pencil next time instead of trying to impress us with your awesome powers of memory???

AND, when you go to a restaurant and they ask you if you have ever dined there before. No, but I know how this works - I order food, and you bring it to the table. This is a huge peeve for DH too! 

And this is why working in a restaurant is a very humbling experience.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1) When my DH does not sort his laundry. I have baskets for everything right there but he throws them on the floor in from of the washer all balled up ugh!!

2) When someone uses the last of the water in the water jug at work and does not replace it. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I CANNOT lift 5 gallons of water!!!

p.s. I have to agree with the toilet paper thing and the pee on the seat don't people have common sense?

• imagekimba1976:
    I have a few (I've been compared to Monica from Friends on more than one occasion!), but the one thing that's been annoying the crap out of me lately is when people leave cabinets and drawers open. DH is NOTORIOUS for this and it makes me crazy. You open a cabinet to take out a glass, you close it, what is so freaking hard about that?? Smile

THIS THIS THIS! and also the pee on toilet seat comment, which for me is along the same lines as a man not picking up the toilet seat to pee and leaving a liquid trail.  I actually told my SO the other day to pee into the water not the back of the toilet, he might hit his mark then.  Low and behold it worked.....for now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I should be happy the dishes are put in the sink, but a courtesy rinse would be nice so they don't get all hard.

People coming in my house with wet/snowy shoes.

Posts about registry stalking. You know what you put on there, right? So what is the big deal to see if something has been purchased yet?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"