Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Recommend a reusable squeeze food pouch

Do any of you have reusable squeeze food pouches? Kiddo loves his pouches but they're expensive so I want to make my own purees and fill pouches for when we are out and about, for snacks, etc. Give me some brand names and why you like 'em. Pleaseandthankyou!

Re: Recommend a reusable squeeze food pouch

• Options

The Sili Squeeze!  It's super easy to use and clean and my LO LOVES it!  The company's customer service is awesome too.  Plus I am good friends with the inventor of the product and owner of the company and she's a really neat, down to earth, friendly mom.  

https://thesilico.com/

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We use sili squeeze pouches and I don't like them. I LOVE the idea of them. But at least the first generations (they released a second version a few months ago) are a pain. Lots of other people rave about them, but I don't get it.

The lids are really hard to open and close. And food doesn't come out very easily. Many times DD has been sucking on it as hard as she can, nothing comes out, then bam, food comes out and squirts everywhere - what a mess. Food comes out ok if it's really thin and full. But DD can't get out the last 1/3 of the food, so it goes to waste.

I have tried both of their lids and both sizes of the squeeze. I have also contacted customer service and never heard back. 

And they are expensive! I have 4, which I think cost about $60. Yikes! 

I will be watching this thread to see what other products everyone else recommends. 

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have seen a few different ones in the stores and I said oh that's a great idea. However, I primarily used the packaged food since it isn't perishable as backup/emergency in the diaper bags when we are away from the house for a while. I guess if you aren't worried about the food inside being perishable go for it. They have ones, i think target sells it, that you can fill the bag and throw it away or clean it. I think unless you are tossing it, it will be a PITA to clean even if you use a dishwasher.
  • Options
    we use little green pouches.  i really like them!  cheap, just put in dishwasher to clean.
  • Options

I've tried "Little Green Pouch" and "Yummi Pouch"... both COMPANIES are awesome... great customer service, great recipes, etc.

The Little Green Pouches are almost twice as much.  But I STILL just ordered another set (darn daycare accidentally threw two of them out... guess I'm not sending them to daycare anymore)  :) 

Anyway, do yourself a favor: order the Little Green Pouches from their website ($5 cheaper than amazon and free shipping till the end of January, I think.  You NEED to buy the funnel from their website, too.  Makes filling them a breeze.

Let me know if you have other questions!

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    imageSandAndsSea:

Little green pouches. Great service and great price. I cant recommend them enough!!! Ds loves them!!

ETA:  They are pretty easy to clean.  I just use hot soapy water and a bottle brush or throw them in the dishwasher.

YES!  The Silli squeeze ones were a complete fail here.  I find the Little Green Pouches much easier to load and clean, too.  Plus, DS will actually eat from them.   

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options

Thanks for all the feedback! I was in between the Little Green Pouch and the Squooshis since they had the best reviews on Amazon. LO is used to the design of the Squooshi, but he's generally a smart kid, I think he'll figure out the green pouch. 

Has anyone tried the Squooshi pouches? 

• Options
    imageSoxFan777:

I've tried "Little Green Pouch" and "Yummi Pouch"... both COMPANIES are awesome... great customer service, great recipes, etc.

The Little Green Pouches are almost twice as much.  But I STILL just ordered another set (darn daycare accidentally threw two of them out... guess I'm not sending them to daycare anymore)  :) 

Anyway, do yourself a favor: order the Little Green Pouches from their website ($5 cheaper than amazon and free shipping till the end of January, I think.  You NEED to buy the funnel from their website, too.  Makes filling them a breeze.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Thanks for the tip about buying from their website! $14 cheaper than amazon for a 4-pack!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"