Success after IF
Options

update on interview and a ?

I got the job!  I'm super excited but nervous at the same time, I've only had one nursing job so this is a huge change!  Not to mention my boss is evil when you put in your notice.

I'm still on maternity leave so how do you think a notice will work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: update on interview and a ?

• Options
    Hmmmm I am not too sure I would be worried if I had a new job in place. I am a firm believer in not burning bridges but if you are giving appropriate notice then I don't think you should have to worry.  To answer your question, I am not too sure how giving notice during mat leave works.  Congrats on the new job though & sorry I am not much help!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageRoseHQ12:
    Hmmmm I am not too sure I would be worried if I had a new job in place. I am a firm believer in not burning bridges but if you are giving appropriate notice then I don't think you should have to worry.  To answer your question, I am not too sure how giving notice during mat leave works.  Congrats on the new job though & sorry I am not much help!

Thanks!  I am feeling bad too because my boss was so great during ivf.  I know I have to think about myself though.  The new hours are better, the benefits are great, and the pay is crazy better!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would explain that to her & if she can match that great but if not then you need to do what is best for you & your family.  Trust me when someone is looking at the bottom line they would let you go in a heart beat, so you have to do the same thing & put your & your families needs in the forefront & do what is best for you & your fam.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay!!! Just be honest with your old boss. When do you start the new job? If you have paid maternity leave I wouldnt quit just yet. It may affect it. Not sure.
  • Options
    No clue but wanted to say congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! Do you plan on going back to your old job after maternity leave for any time, or will you start right up at your new job? If you are going back for a few weeks I think it is fine to tell them when you get back, but if you aren't you should tell them sooner. GL!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

imageimoverit:
    Yay!!! Just be honest with your old boss. When do you start the new job? If you have paid maternity leave I wouldnt quit just yet. It may affect it. Not sure.

At my hospital, you have to come back after paid leave or you have to pay back your time plus insurance coverage (if it is paid by the hospital) while you were gone.  Definitely check HR for the policy here.

Congrats on getting the new job!  And I think PP's suggestion of letting them know the amount it would take to keep you is a good idea.

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    So far I've looked at all the policies and nothings says you have to pay the leave pay back. I could ask for more money but there's no way I'd get it. We were just in the news saying that there going to be cutting jobs soon!

This is stressful! I wish I could just be 100 happy about the job! Thanks for the advice :
  • Options
    imageTJ1979:

imageimoverit:
    Yay!!! Just be honest with your old boss. When do you start the new job? If you have paid maternity leave I wouldn't quit just yet. It may affect it. Not sure.

At my hospital, you have to come back after paid leave or you have to pay back your time plus insurance coverage (if it is paid by the hospital) while you were gone.  Definitely check HR for the policy here.

Congrats on getting the new job!  And I think PP's suggestion of letting them know the amount it would take to keep you is a good idea.

It isn't written in our documents either, but when I filed for FMLA and STD with my company I received a letter telling me if I didn't come back to work I would owe back any insurance premiums paid on my behalf while on leave. I don't have to pay back the STD though. I would double check with your leave administration person to see what, if anything, you may have to pay back.

Congrats on the new job!!!!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageDucky719:
    Totally lurking again...I would call your HR rep and/or your union rep to be sure.nbsp; Congrats on the job btw!!!OK, done lurking.nbsp; Big Smile

I will call to check but our insurance is with my husband so that's a plus!
  • Options

Yay! Congrats!

I hope everything works out with your leave time and your boss.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"