High-Risk Pregnancy

Intro & 3 hour numbers

Got a call today from the nurse to tell me I failed my 3 hour test. I am a 33 year old first time mom due in April (29 weeks tomorrow) with a baby boy.  I am very confused now and pretty upset as I have never failed anything in my life!  I have to call tomorrow to schedule an appt. with the diabetes counselor.  

The numbers are posted below... How bad did I fail?

Fasting -83

Hour 1-190

Hour 2-156

Hour 3-47 (no wonder I felt so awful walking out to the car!) 

I have been reading the posts.. Sounds manageable with a diet change and resisting those yummy cupcakes that my students bring me! 

Re: Intro & 3 hour numbers

• imagevinceandang:

According to my dr these are the limits for the 3 hour test:

fasting- 70-110

1 hour- less than 185

2 hour- less than 140

3 hour- less than 125

So, you failed the middle 2 numbers, but not by that much. I did the same thing. So far I am able to control my GD through diet/exercise. At your appt with the diabetes counselor they will give you a meter and explain how to use it. I test myself when I get up in the morning and 1 hour after each meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner). I also track all my food. I am allowed 15g of carbs at breakfast and 45g of carbs at lunch/dinner. And, I am also allowed a snack of 15g of carbs between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner. Good luck! I am a FTM too. I think the diagnosis is kinda scary, but once you get a handle on it you will feel better. This board is a great support for questions! 

Thanks for the reassurance.  I didn't get a chance to go today as I came down with the stomach flu.  Hopefully I can get there tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"