Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Rec. your non-Goodnight Moon bedtime story

Goodnight Moon has become a morning, noon, and nighttime story around here, and I can't take it much longer!  Anyone have a bedtime story that they / LO enjoy(s)?

TIA 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rec. your non-Goodnight Moon bedtime story

• Options
    We have tons of books for bed time. There's the Going to Bed Book, Goodnight, I Love You, Mama, how long will you love me?, Corduroy, The Tale of Three Trees (Christian), Daddy Hugs, On The Night You Were Born, and How Much Do I Love you? Nothing says you have to read a book about goodnight for nighttime. I just keep certain books for bedtime reading.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options
    We like goodnight goodnight construction site, little hoot, and on the night you were born, and bear snores on. We often read books that don't have bed/sleep as theme though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh there are so, so many.  My child would rather read than play with his myriad of toys.  Current favorites include: Bear at Home; Bear About Town; baby beep! beep!; baby woof! woof!; almost anything Sandra Boynton wrote; Kate Toms' Twinkle Twinkle Little Star; we have 4 of the dollar store Sesame Street books that are actually quite good; the pedi office gave us two scholastic books that he loves because they have actual photographed pictures in them; Winnie the Pooh's Balloon Book.  Ironically, we have 3 copies of Goodnight Moon, and I have not been able to get him to sit still for it yet.
  • Options
    Pajama time, Good Night Florida Keys, I love you goodnight, The going to bed book are the standards right now. Any of the sandra boyton books are particularly good and quick for bedtime!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Reese's favorite book the last few weeks is "Night Before Christmas." She doesn't have specific bedtime books---I do keep the "shorter' books in her room, because some of those Little People Lift the Flap books are time consuming right before bed.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    On the Night You Were Born - LOVE it!  
  • Options
    Our favorite right now is "It's Night Night Time".  Easy to read, good illustration, and animals.  It comes with an audio cd, but we've never even removed it from the back cover.

• Options
    DD's current favorites (bedtime and any other time) are Brown Bear, Brown Bear; Are You My Mother?; Big Red Barn; and Very Busy Spider...basically she really likes books with animals as a major theme, specifically dogs.  She does also like Goodnight Moon because it has kitties. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Goodnight Little One, Pajama Time, and Curious Dreamer (Curious George)

Anniversary

• Options
    Guess how much I love you, Hungry Caterpillar, Runaway Bunny.
  • Options
    Good Night Gorilla. There are no words so I explain what's happening.. LO was really into it from about 1 year to 19 months.
  • Options

imagejc&cat:
    Pajama time, Good Night Florida Keys, I love you goodnight, The going to bed book are the standards right now. Any of the sandra boyton books are particularly good and quick for bedtime!

Love this book!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:

Llama llama red pajama. 

DS frakking loves that book.  

this is the BEST book....especially if you are transitioning to a toddler bed The llama llama misses mama has really helped with the separation anxiety  

• Options
    DD1 loves I Love You Stinky Face, Pajama Time and The Going to Bed Book.  I can recite all of them without the book, which she asks me to do while we are in the car.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    On the Night You Were Born, and Llama Llama Nighty Night
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    We are in love with Nancy Tillman books--On the Night You Were Born (mentioned by a lot of posters) and Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You. She also has a sleep book that we are going to get next.
  • Options

Time for bed

Going to bed book

those are a couple other faves around here.

• Options
    Goodnight Gorilla has been popular lately. But my LO is very opinionated when it comes to books, so we pretty much read whatever he's into that night. Rarely do they have bedtime themes.

imageimage
  • Options
    Until recently dd wouldn't allow me to read to her, but now she brings me "How Do I Love You?" every single night and we do that one.  Cute book, big , bright, non-busy pictures...and it's a fast read.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagequietlyexpecting:
    On the Night You Were Born - LOVE it!  

oh and my parents bought her this one on her first Christmas and it's my absolute favorite...however, I can't get through it without crying lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

These have been the favorites

Peek-A-Who

Any nursery rhyme book 

Where's the poop (she loves the flaps!)

10 Apples up on Top

Pat the Cat 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Dinosaur's Binket

No Sleep for the Sheep

The Three Trees

Chicken Bedtime is Early

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image,
  • Options

Llama llama nighty night

Good morning good night (touch & feel)

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I love you through and through, and Goodnight, I love you, both by Shustak.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Options
    10 Little Fingers and 10 Little Toes is a super cute book and has lots of babies in it.  The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a good one.  Once your LO is a little older, the Llama Llama Red Pajama books are fun and there are a lot of options in that series.  I also like Are You My Mother. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

DH does bedtime, and he LOVES Goodnight Moon, so my guy gets that every night.

I hate Goodnight Moon, so I've had DH introduce my childhood favorites and my little guy adores them.  So now every night they read: Caps for Sale, The Little Engine that Could (my son is obsessed with trains), and then Goodnight Moon.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We always end the night with "how do dinosaurs say goodnight? "
  • Options

Mind you, any book is fair game at bedtime...

The books DS enjoys that are specific to bedtime are Llama Llama Red Pajama, The Going to Bed Book, Goodnight Gorilla, On the Night You Were Born, and Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site.  He also tends to bring me I Will Aways Love You at bedtime. 

My DS loves Goodnight Moon, too, btw.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

I read "I love you, Little One" (Nancy Tafuri) before each nap and it took me weeks to read it without crying.  He by far loves "It's time to sleep, my love" (Nancy Tillman). 

Guess How Much I Love You is another staple.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We read a lot, day and night, but Baby Bear's Bedtime is a favorite.  It has flaps and fuzzy animals.  We also have On The Night You Were Born and in addition to Good Night Moon we have Good Night iPad.  My MIL got it for her for Christmas and it's pretty cute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I have to hide Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site or he'd want me to read it all day.  And then when we do read it, it has to be at least twice. Other favorites: Big Red Barn, Goodnight Moon, The House that Jack Built, The Three Little Kittens, The Fire Engine Book, Peek-a-boo Kitty, Pat the Bunny, anything Eric Carle... He has a ton of books and we go to the library once a week.  This past week he picked out Peepo! and a book from the New Baby series called You and Me, he loves them!
  • Options
    We like The Going to Bed Book, and On the night you were born.
  • Options

The Going to Bed Book

Pajama Time

You Are My I Love You

Good Night, Good Night, Construction Site

One Bear at Bedtime

Everywhere Babies

Good Night, Little Bear

Good Night, Little Bunny

Sleep, Baby, Sleep

• Options
    My daughter loves Bear Snores On.
  • Options
    I have a book called "the little lost lamb", that is from about 1945.   My grandma had it for my mom and her siblings, she read it to us, and I got a copy off amazon.  It is about a lamb that wanders away from its mother but the shepard boy goes off with his dog that night and finds him and brings him home.  It is very special to me to read it to DS because I hear my grandmas voice reading it to me.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member

Thanks all!  Tons of great ideas, and some good ones I remember but forgot about! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"