Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Carseat?

Maybe this question has already been asked or may be a stupid question so if it has, sorry!! I'm a FTM and was wondering about switching car seats and when they can start forward facing?! My son is close to 21 lbs and over 30 inches long... He'll be 6 months on Friday! Thanks!

Re: Carseat?

• Options
    The law says not until one year, but the AAP recommends waiting until well after 2 years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with PPs. It?s law to be at least 1 year and over 20 lbs. It?s highly recommend to RF for 2 years or as long as possible. I?ve read that it?s over 5 times safer for the child to be RF over FF. Some kids still RF at 4 years old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, not til 1 year AND 20lbs at the bare minimum. Rear-facing is much safer. My son is going to be 2.5, and he is about 36" and 32lbs. He is still rear-facing in a My Size 70.

If you are on facebook, feel free to join the Car Seats for the Littles facebook page. There are a ton of car seat techs on there, including myself. We can help you choose a good convertible seat, help make sure its installed correctly, etc.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ok that's what I thought.... Just wanted to make sure!! Thanks!! ;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"