March 2013 Moms
Options

swollen ankles, cramps, BH contractions - OH MY!

so my ankles look like the swallowed golf balls, i have period-like cramps, and my bowel movements have been like clock work they are so regular which is very uncommon for me.

i called the doc. id rather be safe than sorry. they want me to come in as soon as i am done work. should i be concerned? 

Re: swollen ankles, cramps, BH contractions - OH MY!

• Options
    I would think if they were really concerned they would tell you to come now and not wait till you were done with work,  Make sure you are drinking lots of water, my doctor says he knows he sound like a broken record, but lots of water can help lots of things! (however i wonder if he drinks the 8-10 big glasses of water he tells me to drink!) Lots of luck that everything is good!
  • Options
    I have all of these things going on right now but haven't thought it to be abnormal. My doctor will have me come in if they think I'm worried just to cut down on unneeded stress and worry. My doctor tells me to drink water and put my feet up, and the bowel movements are relieving to me (TMI but they are ). If someone stuck a needle to my legs and ankles right now I would bleed like a stuck pig. I'm definitely not a doctor but all of this sounds normal to me, but if it would make you feel better to go to the doc definitely go. GL
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Only thing I've been told to worry about with all these symptoms are the cramps. If you get more than 4 in 1 hour call your doctor. These are pre-labor contractions, not BH.
  • Options
    My feet have been swelling easily the last few days and I've had the period cramps on and off for a few weeks now. I just keep an eye on the cramps to make sure I don't have too many in an hour.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    I dont get this whole 4 in one hour thing for the BH. I have 4 in 5 minutes, lasting one minute long each quite often...My dr is not worried at all and says I can go in if I want to be monitored but that it is normal.... Wondering if I need to switch Drs...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

UPDATE:
    So I went to the doctors last night, BP was 125/80 so that was good but they wanted me to do a urine test since I have gained 7lbs in 3 weeks.

I am taking my urine sample back tonight after work for them to test (just a dip strip). I am even more swollen today then I was last night and I actually am watching my sodium intake (per the MW's advice), and now the swelling is more so in the right leg than the left. 

I asked for a second opinion when I go back in tonight to drop off my specimen..... I really do not care for the midwife in the practice at ALL!!! 

anyone have any thoughts? 

• Options
    If they are just BH contractions there's nothing to worry about. It's just your body getting ready. If you're having period like cramps that last 1-3mins long and more than 4 in 1 hour, then you need to call. They are pre-labor contractions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"