December 2010 Moms
Options

If your doctor "guessed" gender at NT scan..

We had our NT Scan yesterday and everything looked great. I was very relieved because I've had 3 colds this time around so I feel terrible because I have been taking a lot of meds to try and feel better (approved ones, of course.)

Anyway, the doctor asked if we wanted him to take an early guess at gender. Of course we said sure! He gave us 80% odds that it's a GIRL! I wasn't too surprised beecause I have been feeling girl all along, but I am trying to take his words with a grain of salt because I know it's a little too early to start telling gender. However, this doctor is very experienced and has been doing this for many years, so I'm guessing he is probably right.

So, if your doctor made a gender prediction at your NT scan, were they right? (The doc never made any predictions with our first, so I have no other experience.)

Re: If your doctor "guessed" gender at NT scan..

• Options
    Didn't have an NT scan (had the quad screening at 16 weeks instead) but just wanted to say congrats on the 80% girl, lol!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was told girl at 18 weeks by an ER dr and 4 days later at my a/s found out he's actually a boy.   His boyness has been verified by 3 other ultrasounds lol    Hope yours stays a girl.  I know I was sad when the a/s said boy because I thought girl for a few days but obviously I'm thrilled for my 2nd little boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know it's weird, but we were kind of hoping for 2 boys! Plus, we are very practical and liked the idea of being able to use all of his stuff all over again. :-)

• Options
    Our tech guessed boy and it was. But he really did have a very prominent thingy sticking out.  I know that at 12 weeks they both have one, but a girl's is usually pointed way down, and Benji was um...out there.  And up.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

imagejillybean800:
    Our tech guessed boy and it was. But he really did have a very prominent thingy sticking out.  I know that at 12 weeks they both have one, but a girl's is usually pointed way down, and Benji was um...out there.  And up.

Ohhhhh!  Is that the angle of the dangle thing?  I never understood that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At both of my NT scans they guess boy and they were right both times.

They "guessed" girl at my BFF's NT scan a few weeks ago and she sent me the ultra sound pictures and they look nothing like my boys did at 12/13 weeks. I think her official 20 week a/s is in a few weeks. I'm anxious to see if they were right on her guess.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't even ask at any of my early u/s with the boys until 20 weeks ( I had u/s at weeks  6, 9, 12(NTScan), 14, 17, 20- I also had u/s at 22,24, 26, 28,30, 32, 34 weeks). So I saw my guys A LOT.

And even if they told me- I would not have trusted it- since it truely is a guess.

• Options
    12 weeks is pretty early. We found out at 15 with the trio...and they were correct. We tried to be Team Green with Jericho, but they knew around 15 weeks with him too.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

imagejillybean800:

Is this a technical term?  :-p 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Super exciting!  Congrats on your maybe girl.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It does seem awfully early, but we are going to have an elective u/s done at 15 weeks anyway to find out gender, so I guess we'll have our answer in a month. Patience.. never been my strong suit.
  • Options
    My tech guessed girl at 12 weeks and it was confirmed at the anatomy scan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"