November 2012 Moms

Sleep and Monitor

Alright ladies, I am reaching out to you all in hopes you might be able to help me on two things:

ONE I want to get an Angelcare monitor, and I'm wondering if any of you have it, and/or if you feel it works (reviews online are great - but I really want to hear it from some Mama's).  My DS is outgrowing his bassinet in our room, and it'll be time to move him out into his crib and it is seriously giving me anxiety (I STILL wake up several times at night, just to see if he's breathing).  

And TWO though my DS is sleeping between 7-9 hours at night, it varies when he falls asleep . . . like last night, he fell asleep not to long after 6, and was awake at 10 to feed (he had fallen asleep before I was able to feed him, and I though it might just be a quick nap), anyways, he's up 3AM

With the consistency of night sleep - I'm wondering if their was anything you guys felt helped to get your LO's in a pattern of sleeping later.  My DH works nights from 10-6AM, then sleeps from 7-4PM, so getting some quality time after he wakes up, and before he goes to work is so important to me (hence why I don't go to sleep until 10/11).  But with my baby waking up at 3 it's like "Blagh" . . . at first he fell asleep at nine at night (which.was.great!), but short of me keeping him up (and then he get so fussy he CAN'T sleep), I'm not sure what to do: thoughts?

*his daytime sleep is still all over the place - 30min. naps, to sometimes an hour here and there, with one long stretch around 10AM for three or four hours, and I'm hoping he falls asleep for a quick nap around six, to carry him over to the later evening, but honestly, if he falls asleep after six, he's done for the night :/ 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

Re: Sleep and Monitor

• In regards to the angel care monitor. I have it and love it. It makes me feel so much better. It does sometimes beep. Maybe 5 times on 2 months. But I peek
    Over and see him breathing and then it picks it up again. We have it on the highest sensitivity. It will definitely help when he's in his own room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also have the angel care monitor. H has been in his crib in his own room since day 1. I was extremely nervous about putting him in his own room but DH wanted to just try it and it has stuck. The monitor is a great piece of mind. I would definitely recommend it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like my angelcare monitor but LOVE my snuza. I suggest the Snuza over the angelcare :

No help with the other stuff...DD is a crappy sleeper...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you ladies for the replies!  I didn't even know the Snuza existed, and I think that might be just the fit for our DS, only bc he sleeps kind of everywhere, and we visit family an hour away every weekend (and he takes naps on a bed there), so the ability to kind of move it along with DS sounds perfect for our family . . . though of course, if I could afford it, I'd probably get both, and keep the angelcare under his crib mattress ;)

Now if only I could help sort out his sleep patterns better, so he's not waking up at 3/4AM :P 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"