December 2012 Moms

MIL mini rant

So my peach of a MIL just sent a message asking for pics of LO. We live in the same town but she booked a month long trip to Australia starting when LO,was days old. For a month and a half prior, her and my SO were having a blow out which almost resulted in her not being invited to even meet LO, but my SO after seeing him just didn't have the heart to keep him from her. Even though she told him he was going to be a terrible father and has no idea how to love. Like I said, woman's a peach.

Anyways, I sent her some pics and this is the message I get back

" did ya ever think you could love someone that much, it is the sweetest  love of all except when you become a Gramma, it is love to the highest"

Really lady? You think you love my child MORE than I do? After all this crap THAT'S the message you want to send me? I do hope you love him more than you love your own son, because if you EVER speak to him the way I've heard you rip apart your own son, I will come at you like a spider monkey. But lady you will never trump me when it comes to love for this child. 

/end rant 

Re: MIL mini rant

• I am pretty sure I'm over reacting... But I walk a fine line between tolerating this woman and losing my mind on her. Sometimes I need to let off a little steam to keep the peace. 
  • Wow, that is crazy! Like anyone could possibly love LO more than you. I understand your annoyance. Heck, I felt annoyed when my MIL called LO her baby. And my MIL is pretty great.

Just try to ignore her. Delete the email if that helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not taking her side but do you think maybe she means she loves your lo more then her son? Not more then you.  This kind of email is why I dislike email, things can get misconstrued and some people get bigger balls and say things they wouldn't otherwise.  At least she's far away for now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She does sound awful, but I'm not sure if she meant it that she loves him more than you. My parents have said that they were surprised by how intense their love was for our children the second they saw them and how different it is just getting to have fun with them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • imageddub09:
    She does sound awful, but I'm not sure if she meant it that she loves him more than you. My parents have said that they were surprised by how intense their love was for our children the second they saw them and how different it is just getting to have fun with them.

Ya, I am sure she didn't mean for it to come off the way my 3am self took it. She just rubs me the wrong way in general. haha 

• I understand where you're coming from and would be angry & annoyed too. My MIL is a good person overall, and I get annoyed at stuff she says/does all the time. But, if she were to pull the shenanigans your MIL did, I would have a really hard time biting my tongue! She sounds like quite the peach...
  • Gee, she sounds like my DH's parents! They have only seen LO once at DH's grandpa's funeral about 3 weeks ago & they did get to hold him for a few minutes but I didn't have the heart to deny them at that moment.

Still, I'd totally go "spider monkey" on your MIL as it is. That was a rude, immature jab & someone needs to slap some manners into her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • imagekescalera:

Gee, she sounds like my DH's parents! They have only seen LO once at DH's grandpa's funeral about 3 weeks ago & they did get to hold him for a few minutes but I didn't have the heart to deny them at that moment.

Still, I'd totally go "spider monkey" on your MIL as it is. That was a rude, immature jab & someone needs to slap some manners into her. 

Oh how I would love to slap some manners into this woman. The unbelievable thing is, she will tear my SO apart but still think she is welcome to come around whenever she feels like it. If we try and keep her at a distance, she plays the victim like we're the worst people in the world. We cut off contact with her two months before LO was born, and she would constantly email my SO telling him we were using the baby against her. In no way, shape or form have I ever seen my son as a pawn in some sick game. She is so manipuliative and demeaning toward my SO, that for our own sanity we try to keep her at an arms length. Even when he calmly tries to explain to her how he feels, she still throws a hissy fit and blames it on us.

She is currently on her way back from Australia, and SO is away at work for another week and a half... I am DREADING having to see her. I'm sure she's going to kick and scream when I lay down the "one visit a week" rule we have decided on.  

• I would keep her away for the next week anyway she's about to get off of an airplane, with all the recycled air and exposure to who know what, and its cold flu season on top of that. Could take a full week to start showing symptoms.... if she says anything negative, hold firm.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBeth.1212:
    Wow, that is crazy! Like anyone could possibly love LO more than you. I understand your annoyance. Heck, I felt annoyed when my MIL called LO her baby. And my MIL is pretty great. Just try to ignore her. Delete the email if that helps.

haha I am glad someone else gets annoyed when MIL calls LO her baby. I don't know why it bothers me but it does and my MIL is pretty great as well. I will say that I get super annoyed when my mom does it too and even more annoyed when DH grandma does it. Gotta love the pregnancy hormones. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"