June 2012 Moms
Options

Favorite toys for airplane? Need ideas!

So we are flying this weekend.  Trip #7, ugh.  I wish I could just tell people to come to us but we have sick family members including my Dad who can't travel and babies make people happy, at least in my family, so I'll keep flying as much as I can. This is the first trip I am nervous for.  We haven't flown since Christmas which I realized was only a month ago but my son is into very different things.  He doesn't like many toys anymore.  His favorite things are army crawling around the house, trying to pull up on things including us, opening and closing doors, knocking over block towers, harassing the dog, playing with the newspaper, dog's bowl's, essentially anything active and anything he's not supposed to play with.  Books enrage him unless read to him from across the room and acted out like story time at the bookstore and yup I do this daily. He also absolutely cannot be rocked, soothed, walked or nursed to sleep anymore. What I am supposed to do with him sitting in a airplane seat for 3-4 hours? Our only rule is no screen time.

What are your LO's favorite toys? Any suggestions for what to bring?  I am not opposed to buying a little something for him.  Most of his toys are hand downs so we've been good so far about purchases and I can indulge in something small. The only thing I can think of to buy are some finger puppets and maybe a regular puppet.

We'll sing a lot and I found and printed out some new finger rhymes and lap bouncing songs. Any other "activity" ideas?

So far I am planning to bring a new straw sippy cup with water (He used it once and LOVED it so I saved it for this trip), his silicone baby spoon he chews on, a bag with about 10 wooden blocks, some tiny books just in case he lets us read to him, some food he likes (he self-feeds) and then I am going to let him rip up the Sky Mall Magazine!  What else?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Favorite toys for airplane? Need ideas!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"