March 2013 Moms

Creepy friend

So my husband and I have been friendly with this guy for many years now. We both used to work with him but have just recently started to socialize with him and his girlfriend again. The thing is, ever since I've been pregnant he's made it really awkward and uncomfortable for me to be around him. He is constantly touching my stomach and seems to want to do it more when I ask him not to. Then he keeps insisting that I let him take pregnancy pictures of me, mind you he is NOT a photographer. When I told him I wasn't planning to do them at all, he seemed offended and kept asking me why.
So, tonight he texted my husband to say that we need to come over to his place soon so he and his girlfriend can give us a gift for the baby since they are unable to make it to our shower. I really really don't want to be around this guy. He makes me super uncomfortable. I don't know how to deal with it.

Re: Creepy friend

Oh. And tell your DH how you feel.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Tough situation. I think that since you recently started to socialize with him again, he's taking it as an invitation to involve himself in your life as maybe he once was before. If you don't feel comfortable with him touching your stomach, you should definitely make that known. As for the gift, if he insists on giving it to you, maybe you could meet in a neutral, public place (a restaurant or something) where he wouldn't have the opportunity to get super close to you physically. I would only do that if you want to continue being friends with these people though. It doesn't sound like you want that. Perhaps DH can let him know how uncomfortable he's making you feel. If he doesn't respond well to that, then just cut your ties with him. It doesn't sound like you have much to lose. And if you and DH don't work with him, it's not like you have to see him all the time afterward.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband is well aware of how I feel. He has commented on it himself but I think he is at a loss on how to handle it as well. It's so strange because this guy was never this annoying of a person before. Right now my interest in maintaining a friendship with him is low. Especially if he is going to continue with his annoying and creepy behavior.
    I was also thinking that we should go to a restaurant or something to minimize contact. Thanks for the advice.
  • I dont handle geing touched by strangers very well.  I'd be blunt and serious about telling him to knock it off.  Being touched without your consent,  well intended or not, is assault and should be taken seriouly.  If he won't back off, tell him you cant spend time together anymore if he cant keep his paws to himself.
  • I would feel totally uncomfortable with him touching me .. and why does he think he can ???  I haven't had 1 man except for my DH and my dad touch my belly .. and then even my dad asked  .....  people like that kinda freak me out, probably because I watch too much TV ..  but no way would I go their house !!  Always trust your gut !!  If you are getting weird vibes from him I wouldn't dismiss it !! 
               5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
                8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
    Happily expecting another miracle !
     EDD 11/20

• Yeah.... that's creepy.  I would definitely have a problem with this guy's gropiness. The other day one of my BILs reached out for a pat and I was caught off guard.  I don't mind if family wants to cop a feel, but please, wait to be invited!  It would NOT be OK for some dude to put his hands all over my belly without permission.

You also have to imagine that he feels as one with your belly, how is his behavior going to be when your child is out of the womb?  Is he going to be touching/reaching for your child in a way that will make you feel uncomfortable? That's what I would be very concerned about.  People need some boundaries!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe he is one of those guys that have a fetish with pregnant women....which would explain the increased touching and desire to take pictures of you.  Gross!! I would keep interaction to a bare minimum and for the gift, you and hubby swing by "on your way to something else" so you do not even have to take your coat off and can leave right away.    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagerachael_c26:

I just peed a little from this AND I'm at work. Thanks! lol

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• imagerachael_c26:

Yeah...this^^^ and like two other posters said, on the one hand he could have a thing for pregnant women, and I would be really weary of letting this person around my child. Call me over protective, I don't care, I would find ways to avoid this person and if they show up after LO is born I would totally make up reasons others couldn't hold my baby. I have friends who have done this just because they didn't want certain people touching thier child!

But no creepers touching my baby! and Why is it just because your pregnant random people see that as open invitation to touch you??? It's creepy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"