March 2013 Moms
Options

Baby gets hiccups a lot!!

Does anyone's baby get hiccups a lot? My baby gets them at least twice a day I just wondered if this meant she may have reflux when she's born.

Re: Baby gets hiccups a lot!!

• Options
    A few times, I think. I don't know about the reflux for sure but my sister in law's baby has been really colicy and she had the hiccups just about every day the whole last trimester.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our daughter had hiccups multiple times a day for the entire time I could feel her.  She never once dealt with reflux nor colic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not related.  DD had them constantly when I was pregnant with her, and never had any reflux issues.  Baby is just learning to swallow and breathe, the hiccups will work themselves out!
  • Options
    imagecandreco:
    Not related.nbsp; DD had them constantly when I was pregnant with her, and never had any reflux issues.nbsp; Baby is just learning to swallow and breathe, the hiccups will work themselves out!

This. My OB said hiccups are a sign of a healthy baby because they are practicing their breathing.
  • Options
    Not related.  Exactly what pp said - they are practice breathing.
  • Options

My firstborn had hiccups all the time. She had them a lot when she was born, too, but no other issues. She spit up a lot, but that turned out to be because of overactive letdown, so me, not her.

This LO has them just as frequently. I think it has more to do with how much they move. My second didn't have them and she didn't do the big movements as frequently, she was more of a wiggler.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DS had them all. the. time.  At first I was like "awww, that's so cool!"...a few weeks later I couldn't stand it anymore!!!  He would stop for a little bit and then start right up again.  He didn't have reflux issues but he was a big hiccup-er for the first few months as well.
  • Options
    I am in this category.  My little man gets them at least twice a day.  Today he has had them 3 different times. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just realized with this pregnancy I have not felt hiccups at all. With my last pregnancy it was everyday... And when he was born, he still had them often... he didn't have reflux, but did spit up often from an over active let down.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options

imagecandreco:
    Not related.  DD had them constantly when I was pregnant with her, and never had any reflux issues.  Baby is just learning to swallow and breathe, the hiccups will work themselves out!

This is my DD as well.  She did spit up quite a but I do not think the 2 were related.  To this day, she still gets hiccups often, especially if she laughs too hard.  It is pretty cute!

DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Options
    hiccups are normal in the third trimester .... even my baby gets them a lot ... it's absolutely natural :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"