Long Island Babies

Hi Ladies! Dr. Kagan?

So happy to see that there is some activity on this board-let's keep it up! I am usually on the Getting Pregnant board as I am just TTC.

Any reviews about Dr. Kagan in Rockville Centre? She is affiliated with South Nassau Hospital which I heard is a great delivery hospital with new, private rooms.

Re: Hi Ladies! Dr. Kagan?

• Hi there.  I went to Dr. Kagan pre-pregnancy per a friend's rave  recommendation [I live in Brooklyn, however, am in the midst of moving back to LI and figured I'd need an ob on LI since we were planning on moving and having a baby].  I did not like her bedside manner at all.  I was the last patient of the evening and she was very assertive, short and abrupt with me.  Plus while performing the routine exam, she hurt me and when I screamed "Owww" she didn't react at all.  I was completely turned off and ended up going with an ob/gyn in Brooklyn. 

With that said, the friend who referred me to her, absolutely loves her - she had a high risk pregnancy and thought she was great.  Found her to be very helpful, while admittedly abrupt.  Also she loved the hospital she delivered in [South Nassau] - couldn't say enough great things about it.

Hope this helps.... Good luck!

• I delivered at south nassau and their L&D dept is all brand new, nice large private rooms, happy with the care I recieved there.  I didn"t use Dr Kagan but I did use Linda Jaworowski, certified midwife, she practices with Gentle Care OB/GYN.  I can't remember what the primary OB's name is but he was great also, I had a few complications during my delivary and they were both present for the birth.  If you ever consider using a midwife, I would definately recommend her, she was great and a real advocate for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • i delivered at South Nassau as well and Dr Kagan came in a few times.. she was not my primary ob though.. like the pp said, her bedside manner sucked! just really dry i guess.. south nassau in general was fantastic :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"