Baby Showers
Options

Outrageous 3rd BDay Invite

I got a Facebook invite just now that was so tacky I just had to vent! It says:
Come celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday. Clothing size 45T, footwear is great too. Toys are a NONO but cash to put in her savings account or electronics are good. Don't come empty handed!

That last line is literally unbelievable.....SMH. I will not be attending this event!
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Outrageous 3rd BDay Invite

• Options
    Don't come empty handed?  WTF?  Oh, but don't bring what you want, only what I want...uhm...so tacky...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Wow...just wow.

You didn't say who sent this lovely invitation but if I were you, I'd send a message back telling the person what an entitled twat s/he was and I'd immediately un-friend.  Seriously rude.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eewwwww
  • Options

What is really sad, is that others might justify doing the same thing now. 

"Well so and so did it, it must be ok."

Why in the world do people think that just because another person got away with it, that this behavior is ok ?

• Options
    imageEstwd2:
    I'd buy the biggest, loudest toy possible.
    Unwrapped so the kid sees it and wants it.  Oomph and play dough/silly string and a big bag of candy, lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

Wow....just....wow!  Who the heck tells someone not to come empty handed?!?!?!  When people point blank ask me what they can bring (for dinner, bday party, whatever), I always tell them just themselves!

I agree with PPs- send over the most obnoxious toy you can find with a giant bag of candy in a clear gift bag so the kid can see it....and then delete them from your facebook! 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Holy schnikees!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageMandJS:

imageEstwd2:

Make sure there is no on/off switch, and that you need a screwdriver to get the batteries out.  

Also it should squirt water.

+1 for lots of silly string and playdough.

Yeah, I would definitely un-friend this person, on FB and IRL. I'd also consider cutting out whatever mutual friends we have, or at least decreasing contact with our shared friends. That may sound harsh, but I don't want my child growing up thinking this sort of greedy behavior is acceptable, and she will if I choose friends who behave this way.

But also I am 36+ weeks pregnant, exhausted, and generally grouchy. Maybe in six months I won't feel as strongly as I do now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would bring things they dont want and say "oh i didnt have a chance to read your invite darn so sorry....and dont come empty handed, so stop at dunkin on your way and grab a hot choc.....that can be your drink for the day HAHAHAHA

• Options
    Forget silly string- finger paints and a drum set!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I personally don't have a problem with parents putting clothing sizes or things their kid likes (superheroes, Barbies, etc) on the invite (I would have called them anyway to find those things out) but to put "toys are a NONO but cash...is goood" plus the last sentence about not coming empty handed is where she definitely crossed the line.  Was that meant to be a joke?  Not sure how good a friend she is but you might want to give her a heads up regarding how rude her evite is.  I guess I would do that even if she wasn't a good friend.  If she is a good friend she will hopefully appreciate your advice and if she's not a good friend she'll de-friend you. 

I feel sorry for her 3 year old.  She has an idiot for a mother.

• Options
    This is DH's cousin so unfortunately I cant defriend, but luckily they live 50 miles away so declining a Weds night event is a cinch.
    Update: she sent an updated message to let her know hw many kids are going to be there because she doesnt want to buy more than needed so we need to be considerate and let her know. I cant even!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oh no. Just no. That is awful.

• Options

Too bad you "can't" make it.  I'd be tempted to be a super-biatch by showing up all, "Ohhhh!  I totally mis-read that last line as 'Come empty-handed'!  Oops!".  Also liking the suggestion of really messy gifts...  Play doh, paint sets, permanent markers, etc. as PPs have already suggested. 

What a twat.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

WOW, I am so tired of tacky invites!!

• Options
    WOW! That is absolutely crazy! The child is 3..I never could imagine putting something like that on my DD's invites! No
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would get that kid cymbals!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

imageEstwd2:

The B. Toys cat keyboard at Target would make the perfect gift. My kids have it and I hate it so much.

imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageBallSox:
    imageEstwd2:
    Unwrapped so the kid sees it and wants it.  Oomph and play dough/silly string and a big bag of candy, lol

This. Totes.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 2010
    BFP 6.23.12
    Natural MC 8.21.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP 10.17.12 (w/Femara!)
  • Options
    This or something seriously messy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No. Im sorry but this sounds stupid. People are tacky and have poor etiquette but this just doesn't sound logical. It sounds like you made this up or embellished in order to post. Lame.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"