Babies: 9 - 12 Months

eating forever!

Anyone elses LO take about 30 minutes to an hour to eat? It's like watching paint dry! She's good with her solids/finger foods and bottle/sippy cup...she just takes forever!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: eating forever!

• yes. I do other things while she eats. Clean the kitchen, load/unload the dishwasher, sweep the floor. etc. etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My kid takes forever to eat too. He seems to get bored before he gets full. It's been that way since he was born though. He takes forever to take a bottle and always takes the minimum amount to satisfy his hunger. He has never been in a "milk coma" in his life. I guess not stuffing yourself is a good lifelong habit though! 

imageheymommy:
    yes. I do other things while she eats. Clean the kitchen, load/unload the dishwasher, sweep the floor. etc. etc.

Me too. I do all of my "kitchen work" when he is eating. I do the dishes, sweep and mop the floors, clean out the fridge, plan my menu for the week, do dinner prep... on the upside my kitchen has never been cleaner! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageaddam&tara:
    Anyone elses LO take about 30 minutes to an hour to eat? It's like watching paint dry! She's good with her solids/finger foods and bottle/sippy cup...she just takes forever!

Ok, so any good recs on how to get them used to the sippy cup? I try but they like to play with it instead...

• My LO takes awhile to eat, too. For dinner, he eats when we eat, so it has forced us to eat slower (and therefore less) and then to **shocking** have a conversation at dinner, which we never did before.

For lunch/snacks, I try to have something else with me that I can do while I'm watching him eat. Sometimes it's cleaning or folding laundry. Sometimes it's surfing on the Internet/bumping.

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Lucia takes awhile. She eats all her meals with us, so we often put her in her high chair to start with something while we are gettibg food ready, and then she just continues while we eat. It has forced us to slow down a bit and enjoy eating and chatting.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• yep.  we just have family time and talk about our days.  i don't mind.  in the morning when i have a time crunch, i just pack my lunch and make coffee while she finishes her food.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagewntrgrl83:

imageaddam&tara:

Ok, so any good recs on how to get them used to the sippy cup? I try but they like to play with it instead...

I was feeding her those pouches where you just squirt it in their mouth and my LO was started to suck on it. I ran and got a sippy cup with a straw and she figured it out right away.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"