February 2013 Moms

LO moving causing lower back pain

I've seen a few lower back pain posts lately, so I'm really sorry if this is repetitive, but I'm going crazy... 

Since Saturday evening, I've had a persistant lower back ache. None of my usual tricks are touching it... cat/cow actually hurts worse, even pelvic tilts on my side, hula-hoop on the labor ball.. nothing. I tried cold, which helped a bit, and I'll try a heating pad tonight. I have a Tempurpedic that usually manages to relieve my pains by the morning, but I was up every hour in pain last night. The ache is right where the spine meets the sacrum.

On top of that, whenever LO moves his head, it sends this incredibly sharp nerve pain to the same spot. It doesn't radiate - just localized. I'm contracting about 2-3 times an hour (and have been for weeks), but not when the pain hits, though sometimes the sharp pains can trigger a contraction.

Anyone have anything that sounds familiar? My chiropractor even showed DH some stretches and rubs to do on my lower back in the event of back labor, and they help a bit, but I'm not really getting any relief. Any tips or even just commiseration would be appreciated!

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
Freya Lillian - 11/15/15

Re: LO moving causing lower back pain

• With as low as baby A is, he will frequently push on nerves and it can cause either pain up my back or down my legs. 

If I get on all fours and rock, it can help with the pain and make him move a little to get off the nerves. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"