March 2012 Moms

Looking for a deal on baby food?

Thought I'd share a tip for those who are still feeding purees!  If you have a Big Lots nearby, stalk the end of their grocery aisles for clearance baby food!  I stopped in today because they are offering 20% off everything in store with their savings card.  They had 3 flavors of Earth's Best organic baby food that were on clearance for 15? - 20? ea. (12? - 16? with savings card!)  And one flavor of the Plum organics pouches on clearance for 50? ea. (40? with savings card!)  The reason they are on clearance is because they are a week from their expiration date (and kinda funky flavors like Plum Apple Kamut? Yogurt and Broccoli Apple, but hey, it will expand their taste buds!)

I got as much as I could use up before the expiration date.  I've never been one that has to buy organic, but this is even cheaper than the regular Gerber stuff!  This will definitely vary from store to store since it's what they had left that is about to expire, but this is the 2nd time that I've been able to make out like a bandit on baby food there!  (Our closest Big Lots is 40 minutes away, so not somewhere that I go all the time, or might've been able to catch it more often.)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Looking for a deal on baby food?

• I shop there too often and have never seen baby food. The Kamut plum apple would make a good breakfast option, but the yogurt broccoli and apple combo might get thrown back in my face.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetake5:
    I shop there too often and have never seen baby food. The Kamut plum apple would make a good breakfast option, but the yogurt broccoli and apple combo might get thrown back in my face.

The Kamut/plum/apple/yogurt are all together and the other one is just broccoli and apple.  It looked the other way though since I had a ? after the kamut because I have no idea what it is! (besides some sort of grain?) ha  At our store these clearance ones were on the center "end caps" in the grocery section.  I never went through the regular grocery aisles to see if they had any other baby food there somewhere.  Hopefully you will get lucky and run into it someday soon!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"