Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When can I vacuum? (c-section mamas)

The title pretty much says it all. At discharge from the hospital they specifically told me no vacuuming and I forgot to ask at my 2 weeks PP check if this was ok. 

So is it ok, definitely a no still, something I should call Dr about? TIA!  

image image
DD#1 12.26.12 | DD#2 EDD: 5.4.15

Re: When can I vacuum? (c-section mamas)

• I say go for it... if it hurts, stop. DH is the one who does most of our household cleaning... but I've been on the floor with the dustbuster almost every day since getting discharged from the hospital, haha. I also have been occasionally lifting my 2 and 3 year old with no problems. Be cautious and listen to your body, but you should be good to do just about anything but strenuous ab workouts and have sex. GL!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was told absolutely NO housework until I was cleared at my 6-week PP appt, and I treated that as gospel (or as a really convenient excuse to cuddle on the couch with my baby for six weeks).

me 26 / DH 29
    TTC#1 since 5/2010 (charting, AO)
    2/2011: DX: PCOS, hypothyroid (1700 mg Metformin, 50 mcg Synthroid)
    8/10/2011: First RE appt.
    9/2011 & 10/2011: Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    11/2011: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    1/2012: Femara + Follistim + Ovidrel + TI = BFP! (Praise the Lord!)
    ?3/23/2012: Graduated from the RE... moving on to a regular OB!?
    ?10/29/2012: Our precious baby boy was born via emergency C-section. 5 lbs, 13 oz; 18" long ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told 6 weeks on vacuuming. It's really hard on your ab muscles. I just had my gall bladder out and it was 6 weeks again on that. (I tried earlier with this surgery and it hurt)

But if you want to try, go for it. I was told though if your Post-partum bleeding gets heavier, you've done too much.  

• imagebuffyverrban1:
    I was told 6 weeks on vacuuming. It's really hard on your ab muscles. I just had my gall bladder out and it was 6 weeks again on that. I tried earlier with this surgery and it hurtBut if you want to try, go for it. I was told though if your Postpartum bleeding gets heavier, you've done too much. nbsp;

This. Whenever I did a few things around the house we have twins; there is always much to do! I would pass clots later on in the day. I was told it stretches out your recovery time too.
  • I tried to vacuum at 2 weeks PP, and busted my incision back open.
  • I swept and mopped two days after discharge from the hospital. No problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a really light vacuum (shark) and once DD got out of the NICU (2 weeks) I was fine to vacuum. If it hurts stop! 
  • At our "new families class" at the hospital, we were told no vacuuming for two YEARS. But that was meant as a joke...unless you don't want to vacuum...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"