September 2013 Moms

Anyone on Progesterone Supps?

Ok, for the life of me, I can't seem to get the suppositories out of their darn molds. Any tips?

I spent 30 minutes trying to get one out last night and eventually had to break it and then try to mold it back together before I could use it. I am sure I am making it much harder than it needs to be.

Re: Anyone on Progesterone Supps?

• I'm not on those but for tricky molded pills we usually get a knife and cut around the pill. I hate sitting there forever trying to pop it out.
    "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul." Dieter Uchtdorf BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Uhhhhh I was on them last time and didn't have to take anything out of a mold. Or at least I wasn't instructed to. I mean my progesterone went up using them and Lucas is a crazy toddler so there's that.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    Uhhhhh I was on them last time and didn't have to take anything out of a mold. Or at least I wasn't instructed to. I mean my progesterone went up using them and Lucas is a crazy toddler so there's that.

Mine come in a long tray, almost like a mini ice cube tray and need to be kept in the fridge. It is a soft plastic mold and I have to pop out these wax based suppositories. The pharm said I should just be able to stretch the mold and pop one out, but everytime I try it is a serious struggle. I keep thinking there has to be some sort of trick to it that I am just not getting.

• The one I'm on is a gel, and it's applied like a tampon. It's super easy. It leads to a teeny bit of mess throughout the day, but nothing a panty liner can't fix.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • I cut the mold around mine. I hated them though! So I switched to the injections. I'd rather take a shot in the butt once a day than deal with those messy things twice a day haha
    Married: 9.21.2010
    TTC since: September 2010
    BFP 1/18/2013 - beta #1 - 174
    1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine are in individual little packages that are formed around what my DH calls the crayon bullet.  I just grab the top and peel it back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had the bullet kind in the white plastic wrappers.  I think for the longest time, I was trying to open them from the wrong end.  I open them over my lap with a couple paper towels over my legs and slowly tear the two flat white plastic flaps apart, not the end partially open with the wax showing.  Good luck!
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Thanks for all the advice ladies! Glad to know I am not the only one who has struggled with these.

• I am on a progesterone suppository called Endometrin.  It does not require refrigeration.  It is really easy to use too. It comes in a little blister pack that has an easy peel off back.  Maybe you can switch to those...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejchanth:
    I cut the mold around mine. I hated them though! So I switched to the injections. I'd rather take a shot in the butt once a day than deal with those messy things twice a day haha

Ditto. I find it easier to cut mine loose ahead of time rather than risk breaking them while trying to tear along the perforations.

??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • I will defintiely talk to my doctor about these. Thanks!

• lol! Mine is quite a production...they are oral pills that you insert vaginally, wich for the life of me I could not do - untill I figure out to cut up a tampon applicator and use that to insert...it is quite a story every night
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"