TTC after 35

Back to try again...

I won't go into detail, all that is in my siggy or my post over in the Mc/Pg Loss board, but it's been almost a week since ectopic pregnancy surgery turned our lives upside down. So now instead of looking forward to a baby due just before my 40th birthday, we are of course back on the 'wait and see' TTC journey. The positives we can take moving forward are that we were able to get pregnant, so that should be possible again, and my remaining left tube and both ovaries look good so the doctor doesn't see why we shouldn't be able to continue to TTC after one cycle. Of course I'm terrified of going through this all again, but I guess all I can do is trust in my doctors and my body and go on. 

So, although we're obviously not TTC immediately, we hope to be as soon as possible and I'm getting my head back into the frame of mind to monitor my cycles and such. I'm nervous about how things will go once we actually get down to 'trying', I can see DH being worried about hurting me and just thoughts about all we've been through will be hard to shake, but hopefully we'll be able to move forward positively after some time and healing. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

Re: Back to try again...

• I'm so sorry for your loss.   I hope that your recovery goes as well as possible.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I got pregnant naturally 3 months after my left tube was removed at 37. I tried for 2 years and many fertility treatments with both tubes w/o success! good luck!!
  • I am very sorry about your loss. Sending Hugs your way...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope things work out better for you in the near future!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you recover well and get KU again in no time.
  • So sorry for your loss!!!  Rest and let your body heal. When you are ready to start TTC again we will be here for ya.
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
    My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • So sorry about your loss, no words can express my heartache for you.  I hope that you and your DH will heal very soon and be able to start your journey with a spark of faith!  :)  Best of Luck.....
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"